What sources to look for jobs?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by bobklobb, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    77fib77 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    [​IMG]
    Quality Liquid Feeds
    $80,000 - $90,000 a year
    • Average driver annual compensation exceeds $80,000.00 - $90,000.00
    • Consistent work year-round!
    • Paid on ALL MILES LOADED AND EMPTY. ACTUAL MILES!
    • Load and unload pay long with additional stop pay.
    • Regional work and OTR available out of our own manufacturing plants
    • Health Insurance100% of employee’s health premium paid by QLF
    • Our drivers make it home for the weekend to be with their families and at times have opportunities to see the house during the week .
    • Drivers may take their tractor/trailer home on the weekends!
    • Paid Time Off - begin earning time off on your very first check to use when you need time off, or to take time off to enjoy the things you like doing outside of work. You can earn 80 hours the first year
    • Paid odometer miles.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    Texas Rebel Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Reinhart Foodservice - Sioux Falls, SD drivers
    upload_2021-10-2_19-17-53.jpeg .[​IMG]
    I think Reinhart closed their facility in South Dakota.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    UPS - tractor-trailer driver
    Sioux Falls, SD 57105
    $34.00 hr

6. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    A&A Express is in Brandon SD , its reefer work doing Schwans depots drops , the Anderson family runs it and they have a good operation.
    Trimac out in Rapid City is another decent outfit , one problem with SD is driver's wages are lower for OTR outfits than say the midwest , not a lot of freight out there , i lived in Lead for 10 yrs and its slim pickens.
    I moved back to Wisconsin and driver jobs are a plenty with W2 wages are very good.
    Good Luck

77fib77 Thanks this.
  7. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    OP, whatever you do please don't listen to this. Do your job with dignity and demand to be treated as a valued employee not a servant to be walked on.

mud23609 and Savor the Flavor Thank this.
  8. bobklobb

bobklobb Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Thanks for the tips on where to look everyone.

As far as

I feel there's a difference in not being reasonable with your expectations and being told you can take half the hometime you were originally told. For complete clarity, I stayed out from January to June because I was told I could take 14 days at home if I was out that long. Low and behold, when the time came, that 14 turned into 8.

Not making that same mistake twice, I didn't wait quite that long to take a second hometime. Once again, that 8 suddenly became 5 and I was told 'sorry, guess you lost out on those extra days'.

To be clear, we get 1 day home for each week we're out. Both times I was out long enough to have the days I requested and then some. Now I'm waiting to hear from HR as to what the actual policy is since it's been different every time I've asked.

9. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Try Stans Trucking in Alpena. There was a driver on this forum that really liked it over there. Laid back and mostly regional. Their main customer is Jack Links. I believe they also do AG hauling locally.

Capacity Thanks this.
  10. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    US foods was hiring at 27 plus an hour with a big sign on bonus for nighttime shuttles. Driver facing cameras though.

Estes, Old Dominion and UPS are all hiring. Making 100k doing line haul at night is VERY possible with these three and would be my top picks.

Midwest Motor Express is hiring. Pay is good for line haul. Not sure about P&D. I don't know anyone who has worked there but from what I pick up third party its not too bad.

Magnum LTL is hiring. Probably start at 23 or 24 for a P&D spot and time and a half after 40. CPM on line haul is a little low. Probably .46 to .48 to start, but accessory pay is pretty good. I currently work here. 1500 a week is about my average pay working 50 to 55 hours. Very rare to work more than 12 hours for me and 7 hours is about the shortest day I get. I could make more if I wanted too. I don't work the dock at all though, and I rarely take extra Saturday work that is almost always available. We have a few guys that are probably touching the 100k mark.

They also have Maverick, Regional, (home every weekend) and OTR spots available which start at something like 53 or 54 per mile now with a pretty obtainable bonus on top. Want you to stay or two to three weeks, but have a very flexible home time policy. Call them for more details, but I usually worked 4 to 5 weeks or so and took a week off with no issues. At least on the line haul and otr sides, they very much leave you alone and let you do your job here. Get your load. Do your stuff and go home. I haven't spoken to the Terminal manager since at least six months ago. And when I was OTR my DM called me once a month to tell me how big my bonus was. I hate micromanagement, so it works great for me.

Central transport. Not the best reputation. But they make good money. Plan on 12 to 14 hours a day every day though.

XPO. Great money, driver facing cameras 14-hour days, terrible place to work according to every one I have talked to.

Theres a good start for you to try.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    bobklobb Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.