What technology would help you while driving?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TrickOrTruck, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    A device that would undo all the stupid crap they have put into and on trucks for the last 30 years that beeps, buzzes, screams, flashes, applies the brakes, shifts the gears, or treats the exhaust.... And thereby prevents such stupid things from ever being thought up by some desk jockey who doesnt even know what the inside of a truck looks like.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Would you rather listen to that, or the way we talk in Merry-land? :biggrin_25523: :D

homeskillet Thanks this.
  4. TomBow

TomBow Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2020
    MN
    OK. Tell me this, where's all that George Jetson stuff I saw in those infomercials when I was a wee child? Ya know. The conveyer shower/shave/get me dressed thing, the push-button-makes-my-food-of-choice mosheen, the flying car. I mean, it's been 40 freegin years and they still don't have that stuff available??

5. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Get rid of the technology, don’t miss pay phones. But I still don’t use a gps, I call customers for final mile directions and my trusty Motor carrier road atlas. You know what zI very seldom get sent down the wrong road. Healthy dose of common sense. Everyone wants all this technology shoved down the industry’s throat. Follow the money. Get back to basics. Tried and true. I know for some people all buzzing beeping and screens shoved in your face makes them think it’s fantastic. Some things are best done the old way and technology may help , but it is also a burden for some and a crutch for people who are too ignorant or lazy to do the work. So I guess let’s dumb down society to lowest common denominator.
    Thank god my truck I bought has none of the nanny aid ######## in it

MACK E-6 and black_dog106 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.