What to bring???

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by logans, May 28, 2012.

1. logans

logans Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Cookeville tn
    What do you wish you would have brought to training that you didn't? What to wear for the 5 weeks? I have a bunch of polo shirts but not any button ups I would want to work in. Is t- shirts ok? I'm heading in Sat. jun. 2nd.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sparkn

sparkn Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    USA
    Long sleeves, pants, hard toed boots. You will see customers before you see home again. One week's clothing. Extra underwear.

I wish I would have brought...less. The list Maverick gave me was enough. Don't forget the picture of your family. You'll need it.

4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Pack only the necessities because you'll have limited space.Tshirts would be the ideal wear to bring.Maybe a sweat shirt.I really don't know what I wish I would have brought with me.But after training man did I wish I had a matress pad.I had a back ache for a month because of the sleep on a no support board type matress.

5. cheeseburger

cheeseburger Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    southeast KY
    t shirts and jeans, bring at least two long sleeved t shirts, places like U.S. Steel and AK Steel require long sleeves. those clip on yellow sleeve things maverick gives you are useless at U.S., they won't let you use them.

bring a couple of bandannas to wrap around your forehead while wearing your hardhat, helps keep the sweat outta your eyes.

small pack of baby wipes for in between showers, and wiping off your forearms after a secure/tarp so you don't crud up the inside of the truck.

6. cheeseburger

Mar 23, 2010
    southeast KY
    also, pick out a couple of pairs of safety glasses you like at Lowes/home depot/mom & pop hardware store...whatever. the ones maverick gives you at orientation suck, and the ones at the mav. store are kinda pricey.

one pair clear for indoors or customers that require clear, and dark tint for outdoors.

sewerman Thanks this.
  7. bjb2448

bjb2448 Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2011
    when you make your walmart run get the better kneepads too..the ones at the company store SUCK...also go to the pilot next to the galloway and get you a good atlas....and some dot stickers and a pilot fuel stop magazine...use the mag ...and the dots to mark in your atlas where the pilots are....plenty of paper and pens.....and be ready to get hit with a TON of information.....

8. bjb2448

bjb2448 Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2011
    how ya been cheeseburger?

9. cheeseburger

Mar 23, 2010
    southeast KY
    i've been well, enjoying a rare day off.....

honey-do list is dwindling down, lol!

10. cheeseburger

Mar 23, 2010
    southeast KY
    atlas is a must, spend the extra couple bucks on the large scale one.

lonelyswmtrucker Thanks this.
  11. DiscoKid

DiscoKid Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I'm Starting on the 2nd too, I'm writing out my shopping list now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.