What to wear...

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Zephex, Jul 18, 2013.

1. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    just TAKE YOUR NAME TAG OFF OF YOUR HELMET WHEN YOU GET OUT ON YOUR OWN for cryin' out loud. I always laugh at the shiny-hats running around with their names on their hardhats LOL! (Sarge actually tore the nametag off my hardhat and then threw my hardhat in the mud and gravel and scratched it all up and dirtied it up, handed it back to me, and said- "There, now you don't look like a brand newbie as much...") :biggrin_2559:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mamakmavk

Mamakmavk Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Neat and clean. Definitely steel toe boots, jeans with no holes, its hot and humid here in Little Rock, the 3 button collar might be nice the first couple days while in the class room, but a dark color T-Shirt for when working hands-on securement. Maverick has washers and dryers - coins not needed. Welcome to Maverick

jxu417 and storm2004 Thank this.
  4. CaptainX3

CaptainX3 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    Oh my gosh, is this who I think it is....?!?

kylefitzy Thanks this.
  5. Evil_E

Evil_E Heavy Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Dexter,MI
    I would say it is!

6. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I took the name tag off of my students when he got in the truck. When he quit, I made him leave it. Now I have a brand new helmet. Think maybe I will put a name tag on it and make people think I am new...but wait, when they see me drive and tarp, they think that anyway....lol..I also made him leave his vest.

Blind Dog and jxu417 Thank this.
  7. seawheeler

seawheeler Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    I have a name tag on my plastic pot, it reads SeaWheeler. Not that anyone has ever noticed LOL. As for dress you'll have to wait until you are on your own before expressing yourself. I saw one or guys not too long ago and thought I had met one of the village people. He was wearing cut-off shorts, tall construction boots, reflective vest and his plastic pot. Now that was a sight!

8. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    sure that wasn't Plentygood??

Blind Dog Thanks this.
  9. plentygood

plentygood Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    USA / CANADA
    [​IMG]

Blind Dog and jxu417 Thank this.
  10. Blind Dog

Blind Dog Heavy Load Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Hey Dog, my 2 cents. Dress for the job you want. Remember, its also a job interview. True, there are a lot of slobs and bums out there, however, YOU are interviewing! I wore dickies work slacks, button up shirt with collar, tucked in. When I got solo,now I dress like Dean. My hard hat is a UNC Tarheels football looking hat. I wear blue jean shorts, with a belt. All my shirts stay untucked, however, THE ALL HAVE COLLARS. But that's just me. Good luck guy. If you allow yourself, you will learn a lot and have a lot of fun.

11. seawheeler

seawheeler Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL

I'm not sure of much these days.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.