What would K&B do?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by asphaltreptile311, Mar 20, 2019.

1. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    I disagree, few companies (that I can find) will pay that much to a new hire with less than a year experience. Also, that is the minimum - not bad for a minimum.

faux_maestro and MachoCyclone Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    I don't see why people don't just MUTE/BLACK LIST calls while resting. When I'm off, I'm off. Do not call me, do not text me, and do not email me. I will not be answering.

4. Enemy

Enemy Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Yes, first they give you a prepaid phone and charge you for it then if you refuse to use it they will send a raider (Repo) man to come and get the truck kicking you out right where you are and charge you your last check for the hassle

5. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    Unfortunately, a.lot of drivers do. It is sad.

Dna Mach Thanks this.
  6. frontrange

frontrange Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Northern Michigan
    You have to look at it this way. Now I in no way trying to disrespect anyone, but lets face it K&B will hire just about anyone. A lot of the drivers go there as a last resort or second or last chance type thing. When you take that into account it is in a way understandable. On the other hand if someone has a good work history no issues, manages their clock and is on time, well leave them the hell alone.

7. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    You are right, they do hire a lot of riff-raff which is part of the reason for micro-management. There is a lot of competition for drivers in the areas they serve and they have lowered their standards to keep up.
    They are very respectful to me and I almost never get phone calls - but that took a while.
    I stayed because I live near the hub of a dedicated account and get to go home frequently while still getting the scenic interstate experience. A lot of people stay at sub-optimal companies because they are dialed in, know the customer base and are (finally) treated well.

I am ready to move on and maybe move to another state. I'm hearing that in Midland Tx oil jobs, one can start at $90k and experienced drivers are making upward of $140k - long hours no doubt but they are day jobs. If one is already experienced out there and then oil booms again ...that could be very good.

Are you thoroughly thrilled with your position or looking around? I think it's a good time in the industry to make a change and if K&B doesn't increase compensation to their high quality veterans, then riff-raff and rookies is all they'll have left soon.

8. RubberDuckie

RubberDuckie Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I drove for K&B. That weekly guarantee comes with tons of nagging, illegally running and waking you up during your 10 because hey, you shouldve been sleep those 3 hours you were at the receiver. Its been 7 hours. Chop chop!

Btw to those of you saying "turn off your phone". Yeah, tried that. K&B just called the truckstop and had them do a "welfare check on our driver". I took my ##* right back to sleep.

bzinger Thanks this.
  9. NomadicVeteran0713

NomadicVeteran0713 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2019
    That's why u follow the fmsca to the letter when they call u during ur 10hr. Put yourself on duty status, and know the chapter, section and subsection, say those and that u had to restart ur 10hr because they called u during ur 10hr and this is considered work.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    “WE’LL leave them the hell alone”?

Who’s “we”?

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. RubberDuckie

RubberDuckie Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I hear you, man. But its easier said than done when you're 1k miles away from home and they're threatening to kick you out of the truck right there on the spot for refusing to roll. And we both know this happens often in trucking.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.