What would this be considered?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by YardieTubbs305, Oct 11, 2019.

1. YardieTubbs305

YardieTubbs305 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2019
    Ohio
    I had a incident last week at a Petro in Louisiana. I did my Post-Trip Inspection before entering into my Sleeper. The next morning I was performing my Pre-Trip and noticed a part of my trailer frame just below my DOT Tape was damaged as to say someone side swiped me maybe cutting to hard pulling out. I reported the incident to my Boss with pictures and was told I'd have to do a Post-Incident Urine, BAC, and Hair Test which is understandable. My question is though will this be recorded to my CMV Driving Record?

tinytim, Lepton1 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    What does it look like? Would it pass dot inspection? If so , sometimes its best to just keep quiet , otherwise these companies try to blame u... I dont see why it would go on ur record if it wasnt your fault..

Intothesunset and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Not on your MVR, but will be on your DAC report.
    Next time don't report something like that. You shafted yourself.
    The damage is already done and can't be reversed after the fact.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  5. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
  6. YardieTubbs305

YardieTubbs305 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2019
    Ohio
    Best part of the story is, it was my 1st week running solo was told by my Boss to return to terminal to drop load for another driver, do my post incident testing and that my pay wouldn't be affected. Now its Friday and of course I wasn't paid the 2nd portion of my sign on bonus and wondering about my pay for the loads I ran along with the boss being kind of rude saying the damage was $3000 and he would have to talk to his partners about the situation until I could get my pay so yeah great introduction to the industry.

7. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    It aint ur fault buddy, that is effed up what they done to you.... Tell them they should be happy u reported it to them , most drivers it would go unreported.. They cant withhold ur pay, that is illegal... im sorry they put u in this ####ty situation and none of its ur fault, keep us updated how it turns out

8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

For something that small you have to know your company very well. If your company is OCD enough to notice the damage, then you have to report it so you can get it listed as not your fault. If you know the company doesn't notice that sort of thing, almost every trailer more than 1 year old has some damage on the sides, I would not report it. It shouldn't be a big deal either way. It's small potatoes even if reported. I've never heard of a drug/alcohol test for such minor damage while parked. I guess it's better to be luck than good.

There's not much you can do to prevent a knucklehead from hitting you while parked.

9. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

There is no way that's even $100 in damage. Someone is going to grind down the sharp edges

YardieTubbs305 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    About $450 damage to have new patch welded back in and ground a little.

Lepton1, YardieTubbs305 and tscottme Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.