What would u have done!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by missjhawk, Feb 26, 2014.

1. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    My tanks were bone dry. :)

Working Class Patriot Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OW/OP Wolfman

OW/OP Wolfman Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Yep! Your right. Your right.

You know... I think some of those #######es need it written in crayola crayons on a poster board to read. That way if a brick or a shingle stretcher or a sky hook happens to connect with their head, they can't deny they weren't warned and knew better than to break the truckers' code.

This is a tough business, keep breaking the truckers' code and you'll finally meet the right trucker or group of truckers who are going to pull your truck stop pass one day at the truck stop; and they'll stick together on their story if their smart.

pattyj Thanks this.
  4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Drivers won't read them or if they do they would think its only a suggestion.

5. tsavory

tsavory Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Paoli, IN
    Not that it was a a fuel island but a few weeks ago during one of them ice storms I had parked got my 10 in got up tried to leave a truck was parked sidewise in front of me I tried three times to get out but could not without hitting a truck on either side so woke him up politely asked him to move he was nice tried a couple of times but due to ice he did not move thought he went to find something to help get him unstuck waited an hr gave up grabbed my stuff Shovel cat litter and dug him a path out tossed some litter knocked again he looked went back to bed had to get the manager to come tell him to move. I mean I understand he was stuck but come on get out and look see what's up tell the driver your blocking something. the problem does not just go away.

but yeah I have noticed at all tie day and night fuel islands are clogged up for much longer times I noticed one night I69 and I80 pilot had a guy going though making every one move up as soon as done pumping and if he seen you went back to truck but not move in a few min was beating on their door. Its sad when they need to make someone stand out in the cold to make sure drivers use a little courtesy.

6. tsavory

Jun 4, 2013
    Paoli, IN
    hmm they do sometimes just don't park or get out of the way (as in this case).

I will admit though I am one that will from time to time grab food(subway McD wendys whatever) and drink but only when there is next to no line if I am not in a parking spot most times fuel b break and purchees less than 15 but been where it was over 30 just getting the drink slow cashier + major line = time. Oh of course those tend to be the time I forgot to change to off duty so it still did not count towards the 30min.
    And what tends to planed as in and out but changes is when peeing all of a sudden I have to poop.

7. OW/OP Wolfman

OW/OP Wolfman Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2014
    10-4, It's a crazy world we live in.

8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Although I like your crayon idea that just might work,lol.

9. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    With all due respect, truckon, what you're "sharing" is only your opinion.
    Readers have the option of agreeing, or disagreeing with your theory, however.

:stop: :stop: :stop: :stop: :stop: :stop: :stop: :stop:

MAJOR BAD ADVICE!!!! :mshocked:

Not funny at all.:biggrin_25512:

NEVER MESS WITH ANOTHER DRIVER'S BIG TRUCK.:smt104

That's a good way to get'cher head bashed in.:smt021

truckon Thanks this.
  10. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    No, he didnt do the right thing, JMO, once he found that the Jerk wasnt going to move, inform mgr, and back out, get the company name and truck number, and call his company, But to let someone else make you late for a pick up or delivery, isnt their fault, its his fault

11. tsavory

Jun 4, 2013
    Paoli, IN
    Might want to read before replying man one in front one behind No Backing truck behind might not like have truck ran in to for 1 for 2 he was not late just wasted 45 min for nothing.

Btw one should never need to back out of a fuel island unless the other truck unable to move period.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.