What would you do if vehicle hits you and takes off..

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by P60608, Jan 21, 2022.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Years ago I rolled back into a van on the ohtp at a cash box .
    Paid my toll and pulled over , van paid his toll and hauled arse .

austinmike and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Light Load Member

May 5, 2019
    San Diego
    Over the years I have had my drivers call me and report cars knocking off mirrors and they just keep going many times at least 10, what I wonder is how many wipe a mirror off that the driver does not see.
    I have also had drivers call that had cars cut them off and ketch the front bumper and tear the back of their car off and just keep going and one rear ended a truck in the fog driver pulls over and never found anything but some car parts in the road car just went around truck and kept going, we don't report the mirrors any more just figure they did not want to exchange information.
    I know a guy in his personal vehicle that rearened another car on purpose after being cut off 3 times by an Uber driver as he dropped off people and looked for his next fair. Both guys got out and were going to fight and my friend that trained in mixed Marshall arts for years and has never been able to use it on somebody that deserved a good beating was taunting the Uber driver from a Middle East country to through the first pouch but after cameras started being turned on decided to jump in his car and haul ### without exchanging info. After he got a letter from the other Uber drivers insurance he talked with his attorney that said do not respond and it will go away every ones to busy to deal with it unless you make it easy and its been about 2 years and he has heard nothing!

bzinger and austinmike Thank this.
  4. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Drunk .
    On drugs .
    No DL .
    No insurance.
    Stolen.
    Rental.
    Combination of the above , the guy I rolled back into even gave the don't worry about wave as he floored it out of the toll booth .

Flat Earth Trucker and austinmike Thank this.
  5. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    One of my box trucks was delivering A/C units to a construction site. He is in the travel lane next to the crane pushing the unit out onto the lift gate so the crane can lift the A/C unit t the roof.

Lady in a Honda Civic mis-judged and caught the left side of the lift gate with her right side A pillar and her front end struck enough stuff that antifreeze is running into the street.

As soon as our driver took out his phone...she takes off trailing fluids down the street...we had him file a report anyway incase her family/boyfriend comes after us.

bzinger Thanks this.
  6. tlalokay

tlalokay Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2014
    El Paso, TX
    If your company is likely to use it against you, for example, if they participate in that fraud of a system called DAC, then don't report it.

If your company will appreciate the heads up and honesty, gaining honorable credits to your favor- then report it.

If the 4-wheeler comes back later and says something- just say you had no idea anything even happened and Denial is a river in Africa.

7. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    To answer the question, curse loudly and a lot and move on

8. Waterman_99

Waterman_99 Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    You coulda chased the car down in your truck like in that movie Duel.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    God prefers Diesels and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Only in a movie could a truck chase down a car.

Just like, only in a movie could a truck be making a hard left turn, get nearly hit my a missile that starts the trailer turning over to the right, and then pull the whole rig back in line by turning more sharply to the left.
    In a Bruce Willis film, anything is possible.

I guess if the truck was chasing down a Yugo, it might be possible...

Waterman_99 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.