What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by CondoCruiser, Nov 21, 2010.

1. rambler

rambler Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Contact the insurance commisioners of each state...they are there for these type situations. Good luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    This human resource lady is a one woman crew in a seperate office in another state of the owners enterprise headquarters. It's highly possible she is the one embezzling and the company is not aware yet.

I'm working with her on the 401K withdrawal now. I'm biting my tongue until I get that money out first.

4. CA_Medicine_Woman

CA_Medicine_Woman Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Oak Creek, WI
    I know which carrier you are referring to, having dealt with them recently. Get an attorney right away. You are not the only driver they are screwing over with bogus insurance schemes, trust me. It appears the carrier may be taking advantage of their prolonged move from Nebraska to Illinois to create a sort of legal limbo for themselves, using it to really stick it to others, especially their own drivers.

You should also immediately contact your state labor board, and possibly the federal one as well.

5. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Unfortunately state labor boards have no interest in truckers.

But, I would definately contact the State Attorney Generals. Especially in Illinois. Lisa Madigan hates to see employees or citizens ripped off by business.

If the carrier has established and Illinois address and are doing the withholding, they will be subject to Illinois as well.

Now, from an accounting standpoint. There is no way the deduction can be missed unless it intentional. It is the rule of debits and credits must be equal.

6. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Update....

Human Resources contacted me today in regards to my 401K. Then she mentioned she needed to send me my disability claim form???? So I decided to confront her about the disability claim denial. Something I never thought of.... ###ume... but there was a lack of communication.

My employer changed insurance providers for the disability in 2009. They never told me, nor did I get a policy in the mail. But luckily I'm still covered. She said "I bet you were cussing me out". Little did she know the snow storm that was about to hit her, lol.

I been out of work 5 weeks now and she is just now getting around to it. I never got my 2009 W-2's either. These people are good at their job. But I'm glad I don't have to go the suing route. That could drag out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.