What would you do?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Kusanagi00, Aug 25, 2019.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    What would I do? If I were you, or if I were me?

You’re having other issues besides your tooth and you already said that this isn’t for you. I would go do something else if I were you, and never under any circumstances drive again or be worried about driving again.

If I were me in your situation, I’d run to ElPaso, cross the border (bring your ID, and leave all the knives in the truck) and see a dentist in Mexico and get my meds there, take a day off and be ready to rumble.

wore out, starmac and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. johnnyman1099

johnnyman1099 Medium Load Member

Mar 13, 2017
    You should change company immediately. Make sure to fuel up, deliver your load and return their truck to them if you still want future driving jobs.

As far as taking care of your tooth, just park at any truckstop near a big city, take UBER to dentist that is available.

4. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Deliver load, peoplenet office, shut off phone, go find dentist.

It's what you should have done on the last load.

Cabinover101 and TripleSix Thank this.
  5. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    It would be a shame if the truck was in a shop for a few days while you were laid up in a hotel. Then you could get to a dentist and maintain a good relationship with company

RunningAces, GlobalFM001, 201 and 7 others Thank this.
  6. johnnyman1099

johnnyman1099 Medium Load Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Brilliant !!! I have never even consider that. Good option in the future.

HoneyBadger67 and Linte_Loco Thank this.
  7. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    [​IMG]

FlaSwampRat and cjb logistics Thank this.
  8. Kusanagi00

Kusanagi00 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2019
    Some of y'all truly are cowboys talking about pulling the tooth yourself and riding down the road. I've been with this company going on a year and this is the 1st load that I can't deliver. You'd think there would be some leeway and I really want to finish out my yr which ends in November before I leave trucking to the people who love it like you guys. I always try to keep a good record of whatever I do just in case I have to come back to it. If I do come back to trucking I prefer a company that only runs se and sw of possible or s local route. Y'all be safe on this road

FlaSwampRat and Cabinover101 Thank this.
  9. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    Not sure why you need to be on your hometime to see a dentist. There are plenty around North America that will do walk-ins, especially for an abscessed tooth. Start calling around and find one near a truck stop or within a short taxi/Uber ride away. The company doesn't even need to find out.

10. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Exactly what a guy would do if he was in pain, I have done it a couple of times myself. Besides that just how is a guy going to get home if he can't drive, if a guy could drive home he could drive to a dentist or deliver the load and dentist are super cheap in juarez.

RoadRooster and Zeviander Thank this.
  11. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    They own the truck not you, you wanna see a dentist see one. Doesn't matter what they think is an emergency.

You don’t have to abandon a load or truck or nothing. Go see a dentist, get back in your truck do what you gotta do whether it’s haul another load or drop the truck off and tell them to fly a kite.

It’s just a job man, your health is more important.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.