What would you do?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by nightrider57, Mar 30, 2013.

1. JIMROY

JIMROY Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA
    sounds like a good sexual harrasment lawsuit might get the companies attention too, and cause them to fix some of their problems.... Just sayin...

nightrider57 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. millsjl01

millsjl01 Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Driver seat/sleeper berth
    I hope your company does the right thing. If not, don't get discouraged, there are excellent companies out there. Just gotta find one, as a student its kind of a crapshoot. You gotta go where they will take you, most of the companies that take students, abuse them. Ours did not, we got lucky with this company and it would take something pretty major to get me to leave lol. More money wouldnt do it, loyalty and taking care of your people means more to me than an extra few dollars.

4. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Your Mailbox
    Purgery won't solve the problem.

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I never could figure that out,hiring someone with very little exp to become a trainer.That's like the blind leading the blind.We have thousands of laws all for safety so they say.But the law allows trainers that are new themselves to train.Does'nt make since.Laws are all about revenue,not safety.

6. Ghost Ryder

Jan 3, 2013
    Your Mailbox
    Starter companies need bodies in their trucks to keep up with the demand. They have no choice but to lower the standards of trainers. The end result of course is trainers such as who the OP faced.

7. JIMROY

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA

where is the perjury ???

Correct me if i am wrong but in earlier posts the wife said that the trainer was making lewd comments to the wife or about the wife in front of the husband... For me that would have been game over , as he would have needed a hospital , i would have called the company after calling an ambulance for him first, if i gave him that courtesey...... Alot of these types of problems never get the attention of the ceo of the companies thus never being aware there is a problem they never solve it..... It would not hurt to email a link to this thread to the ceo also..... Keep him in the loop....

8. Ghost Ryder

Jan 3, 2013
    Your Mailbox
    That comment escaped me for some reason. Guess it's been a long night for me. I need some sleep.

9. nightrider57

nightrider57 Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Millsjl01 What company treated you well? Wondering where to go if this one doesn't handle this the way they should.

10. JIMROY

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA
    now thats a load of cr ap if i ever heard it..... First of all , pay a decent wage and quit screwing people and you will have drivers beating your doors down trying to hire on......

Its not like these companies have a shortage of work......

All these companies have a choice, since when do you need to lower standards for anything????? Start paying a decent wage and you have guys lining up to do that job.... The reason they scrape the bottoms of the barrels is they pay pennies and want top dollar drivers.... " i don't think so scooter"

PS YOUR FORGIVEN GHOST RYDER LOL

Raiderfanatic and LaBubba Thank this.
  11. JIMROY

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.