What would you do?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by nightrider57, Mar 30, 2013.

1. millsjl01

millsjl01 Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Driver seat/sleeper berth
    Total Transportation of MS. If you search that company on the forum you will see some other people I've spoken with about TTMS and it will give you a bit more info than I can right now, time for bed. Got a lot of miles to cover when my sleeper time is done. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

nightrider57 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Your Mailbox
    I don't agree with increasing wages because that will jack up inflation. Student drivers aren't worth it, IMO. If you want to make more money then don't drive for the starter companies.

4. JIMROY

JIMROY Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA
    i make a good wage. and i don't drive for a bottom feeder mega carrier either.

But stop and think about what your saying,,,,, your wages are gonna be based on what the newbie gets. Cause what ends up happening is your wages drop to those of the newbie and noone can survive..... The wages these days are a friggin insult... A god da mn gallon of milk costs more than a gallon of gas these days and a frickin loaf of bread is almost as much now....

The problem is the industry won't pay.... Truck drivers are like prostitutes.... You pay $5 your gonna end up with a skank. You pay $1000 your gonna end up with a goddess lol the standards have been lowered so far all there are left is skanks to hire, raise the standards for students and force the schools to turn out qualified job ready drivers, instead of just teaching dmv skills tests and sending a student into the job market without a clue, most can't shift let alone , drive proficiently.....

You wanna attract good people you gotta pay them well and treat them good..... There will always be some hungry wannabe to take your spot, no problem....

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  5. OPUS 7

OPUS 7 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Maybe you should start telling the trainer stories.Some stories about beating the ship out of trainers that sleep all the time.
    He's probably too lazy to record anything.Beat him at his own game,maybe pullover and take a nap too.
    If the company allows this,they surely will not side with you and your husband anyway.
    Record/document EVERYTHING he says and does.
    Tell your company you have been doing this since day one.
    Leave his sorry asp at the next truck stop,and report him asap as leaving and not returning,and you got scared.
    I hope you get away soon,but whatever you do GET AWAY!!

Pmracing and nightrider57 Thank this.
  6. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Your Mailbox
    Raising the student wages won't fix the problem. For starters, veteran wages will remain stagnet and the gap between the two wages will decrease. Next, like I noted inflation will spike. Think that gallon of milk is high priced now?

7. JIMROY

JIMROY Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA
    So i am curious, i wonder what the outcome was, are we gonna hear the results from this couple , did they quit, get a new trainer , what?????

nightrider57 and Ghost Ryder Thank this.
  8. millsjl01

millsjl01 Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Driver seat/sleeper berth
    Also curious... Don't leave us hanging! The suspense is killing me ��

9. jpracer1

jpracer1 Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2009
    i believe the FMCSA just found in a report that putting a trainer with 6 months experience on the road was not very safe,really? took the FMCSA to figure that out,#### government agency,almost as bad as the one report that said that dust on the mirrors diminished vision,go figure

10. DaveTheButcher

DaveTheButcher Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Temple, Texas
    Pssh...I'd politely invite a trainer to scold or disrespect my wife in front of me, He'd have a hard time ever physically driving again, I know that sounds aggressive but there's a FINE LINE between being a strong willed trainer and straight up disrespecting someone, and I for one let no man disrespect me or my loved ones, don't stand for that, hop off that truck make the call and be on your way, you shouldn't have to deal with that type of treatment....

nightrider57 and TripleSix Thank this.
  11. nightrider57

nightrider57 Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Hey ya'll. We just got a break so thought we'd come back and update you. We got back to the terminal, unloaded our stuff and went right to HR and Safety. The trainer was let go and admitted what he was doing. He also told them all of our training was bogus so they started us all over again which really was just his way of getting even with us. They set us up with a new trainer after about 8 days of waiting. During our wait we got our hazmats and finished all the computer segments they usually make drivers do at the end.
    We had heard good things about the new trainer so were excited to get on the road with him. After we got on the road, we realized we were in trouble cause this guy was a good friend of the first trainer! He started making statements about his buddy and why we did this to him, as if he was getting mad about it. We explained that the guy wasn't safe and was doing things that were not appropriate so he did it to himself. We gave the guy some space and hoped he'd get over it and just train us. He never did. He would tell us stories about his buddy and how "great" he was. He was having sex with his students and bragging about it to other trainers. It seemed this guy really thought that was cool. He also pushed us so hard that he couldn't even keep up. He was as exhausted as we were, only difference was we had to drive and he could lay in the bunk. This guy was so bad that anywhere we went we were approached by people standing near us as to who this guy was talking to us and treating us the way he did. An example of this was we had arrived at a shipper and my husband was at the wheel so he was going to back into the dock. The trainer jumped out of the truck and hollered at everyone, "Hey watch out. This is a student. He may take awhile to get it in" So all the other drivers who were docked near us, and all the dock workers are all watching my husband back into this dock. He put it right in there straight and without any real effort! I was so proud of him! Especially with all these people watching and waiting to laugh at the student, ya know. The supervisor of the dock came out and shook his hand and said real loud that he was better than most drivers he sees through there. Told him dam good for a student! Then another driver came over to my hubby and handed him a business card and said call me when you want to be treated like a real driver not the way this guy just acted.
    We felt pretty good after talking to that other driver. He actually went to our trainer and asked him a few questions as if to compare company to company. Our trainer looked like a newbie with what he didn't know and the other guy told us later that he was concerned for us. It all blew up one day when we were sitting on a load with over 24 hrs extra on it, and stuck in a shut down. I asked if we had time for a shower and hot meal and the guy blew up. He wanted to drive down the road in the storm for some reason and make it to a rest stop to sit it out. We were sitting at a nice TA so why drive down to the rest stop just to sit out the storm? Well by this time we knew why. Because he didn't want us to have any shower or hot meal. In 6 days we only had 1 hot meal and 2 showers so this seemed like a perfect time to get one. He was just being an ###! My hubby stood up to him and said, we WILL go get food, and use the bathroom. Then the trainer said we couldn't get out of the truck at all, not even to use the bathroom. We just took our bathroom bag and got out. He yelled out at us as we did. We called the terminal and said, get us away from this guy! They of course made us feel as if this was our problem. We insisted. So within 3 days we were back at the terminal. We had a huge meeting with the powers that be and now are sitting waiting again.
    Do we try another trainer? Do we try a different company? We just wanted to drive and make money! We've never been in such a situation in our lives. Do we get an attorney? We've put so much time and money into this and it seems like it's all a waste now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.