What you should know about Detention Pay!

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Roady304, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Nice scenario and break down.

Doesn't stop unscrupulous companies from charging detention from the git go, but only paying drivers after 4 hours.

We had to start paying drivers more detention here because guys wouldn't put load times on the bills. Bad habits formed and before you knew it we (the company) we're getting ANY detention.

rank Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    25 dollars an hour stated on the rate confirmation is fine. Talking about it after the fact and refusing to pay more is scummy. So much of this business comes down to disclosure.

I should point out right away that most of my freight falls into the 'never touch the detention money' side of things. I've pretty much never taken a penny off the detention on any produce loads. There is one customer I used to work in my first year that was vulnerable to being overcharged on redeliveries, so I feasted on that a bit... But that was me being new and taking advantage of the customer not trucks. The customer wasn't particularly great either fwiw. Lots of issues with mischeduling delivery appointments which I'd end up having to pay for without them being willing to pay up. It was a very conflict heavy relationship to be honest. Wouldn't do it again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.