Whats a code SA 16 DTC P20EE00

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Superdelicous, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Paul Chamberlin

Paul Chamberlin Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Highway
    Same code for me:
    I’ve spent $17000 on engine work on my 2015 d13 in 2 months. Just had code pop again. I know it has to deal with nox sensors. take exhaust baffles off at bottom of DPF filter, it will probably be plugged up with baked def crystals, reduction in exhaust flow is generating the code. Clean it out and it will run fine but still have engine light on till you clear it with computer.
    this is most likely from over dosing (from nox readings) and air in your system probably a bad seal somewhere after the turbo.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Paul Chamberlin

Paul Chamberlin Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Highway
    Down the rabbit hole you go. That’s what started my issues last year. I had it replaced and the 7th injector along with fuel line to it, ran ok for a bit. Then egr valve, egr cooler, manifold, turbo..... $17000 later between jan3 2020 and now and I still get the code 1500 miles out from the shop!!
    I think Volvo is out to screw each and every one of us!!!!!!

4. UnlimitedJ

UnlimitedJ Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2021
    This code just came on after not stoping for a regen. Will regen soonest possible and see if it goes away.

5. reekexpressinc

reekexpressinc Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2022
  6. Longhaullover

Longhaullover Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2020
    I had the same code show up in my Volvo VNL D16. When I went to diagnosis, it said first and last occurrence. It was same date and time. So that means it just happened once and after some time the code was gone. The check engine light is still on but I am sure it will go away soon

7. jjdbo

jjdbo Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2022
    This code come up this morning it has a new ahi module, seventh injector and both nox sensors replaced in the last week. done a relearn with volvo tech tool. Hasnt been that long since filters were cleaned but will check again. Haven't run in any rain lately for that to be an issue. So ??

8. tbovy

tbovy Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2023
    i am been recommended to replace the CAC because of this code, by the mechanic. they found CAC leaking and now they are pressure testing to decrytallize if any, $3000 bill

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.