what's going on with fedex freight?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by crazystalin, Feb 12, 2013.

1. crazystalin

crazystalin Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2013
    NC
    Fedex freight not have o/o. Fedex ground has o/o. Fedex freight is all company drivers but out sourcing to other companies and putting a lot on rail roads. Glad I left them. Even guys who were below me still sitting at home. Sad in last year 5 of us road drivers left and guys still at home sitting.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Not to get you mad but why should fedex even have road drivers then if all they are going to do is outsource everything??? I know that feeling when I was at CWF... ALL outsourcing... The only outsourcing we use is the rail road now. usually makes for good clock work, we have two we go too, one 72 miles away and one 209 miles away

4. crazystalin

Feb 5, 2013
    NC
    That is why I left fedex back in march. Sat home almost a year. Sad when get more unemployment than pay. Talked with few drivers still there at different terminals and just keep getting worst. More layoffs in the pipe line. Sorry for these drivers. Fedex freight was a great company but ever since they bought waltkins. Than merging them together killed everything. Guess when they get rid of all the exp drivers and hire on cheaper labor they be happy. Than the accident rate goes up and they be screwed. Guess that what happens to big companies.

5. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    i have worked for fedex 9.5 years now and it's getting harder to like where fedex freight going, i used to think wow! but now with them hiring so many drivers u really have to fight to get over time. and the train thing is happing more and more. one day we the drivers make this company, the next we are told...... just be happy we have a job. the purple promise is turnning red hot. one day they want the freight the next they say no we not going to wait on it. its funny to watch the sups act like there going to pull there hair out. fedex freight is still a great company but i can see that there starting to feel the need to pull back on all these promises they made to there drivers..

Fuelinmyveins Thanks this.
  6. crazystalin

Feb 5, 2013
    NC
    I talked to few drivers I know in Roanoke Va and since they let drivers go trying to put all on rails, they filled the rail road and a lot gets turned away. Rails are full and a lot of freight juat sitting on yard. Been days they 13-19 trailers over a night. Thats going to turn people away from shipping with them. I know a couple of businesses that refuse to ship with fedex freight. All I can say is fedex freight screwed fedex freight.

7. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    yes i have heard some things like that in texas

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.