Whats Going On With PAM And Driver Solution????????

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by RizzaRizzo, Dec 28, 2013.

1. RizzaRizzo

RizzaRizzo Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Jackson,Mississippi
    Hello,I'm a 31 year old ex -felon (2005) receiving stolen goods..I applied for PAM through Driver Solution and my driver agent said my background reports are all good and she said I had no criminal record even though I was honest but she did say that it doesn't mean PAM won't pull it up.So I received an email from placement@driversolutions saying that PAM requested more info on my Felony and I explained.............................................................................I Met A Guy That Told Me That He And His Wife Were Moving Out Of Town And They Couldn't Drive 3 Cars Because It Was Only 2 Of Them.He And I Signed A Tempary Bill Of Sales But I Never Had It Notarized Because I Really Trusted The Guy. .So he wanted $1000 $100 a week and usually came to get his payment on time or called and I would meet him...one day while riding i was pulled over and told that the van had been reported stolen(i had the Keys) i immediately asked can i call the dude i'm buying it from and was told no..so i went to jail bonded out and tried to locate the guy and couldnt...so i found the owners on a police report and contacted them..they said that they know i didnt steal the van because i had got the oil changed(sticker on the windshield) ,i had new tires put on it,and a new radio..they said the dude i was describing was their brother which was on drugs and they wouldnt give me any info on him and they wouldnt answer to come to court on my behalf..the county the charge was in had a %95 conviction rate and they convicted me..but its true i was in possession of stolen property...heres the main thing ...I hear that PAM Transport have hired felons ..Through research I found out the the PAM Dedicated doesnt hire felons only PAM Transport and they do have 2 different sites..i have been waiting to hear from PAM for the yes or no and I have called the safety department that reviews the felony at PAM he just said he would have to look at it...Has anyone been through this same thing? when i call another company they all ask when was the felony and they have different rules...I have found PAM old Applications through 3rd party sites asking about the last 10 years but no one at pam (Ms ##### who handles the apps or the man in the safety department) has said anything about a 10 year rule and the PAM transport site says they look at it on a case by case basis. I will probably find out next week yes or no but its killing me wondering but I do have the WIA Grant in motion too just in case...thank you for answers in advance

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Where do you live?

4. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012

ERMMMMM

Dunno...if...this...is...serious?

Okay, for starters; did you acctualy send this email? Like it's copied and pasted now? Like, AS ONE HUGE WALL OF TEXT!?
    As far as the felony goes, it depends on the severity of it and the companies tolerance of the felony. Also the length of time that has passed since, as well as your record since the "event."

Outside of those issues; it's a good possibility you just sailed yourself up the river with that email.
    You need to wait for them to ask, simply list it on your job application. If they feel like they need more info, they're going to ask you.

You offered WAY WAY too much information.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2013
    RizzaRizzo and aimhigh Thank this.
  5. RizzaRizzo

Dec 28, 2013
    Jackson,Mississippi
    I live in Jackson,MS

6. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    You seem a little dug in on going with PAM...look into other companies...apply for everything you can.

7. RizzaRizzo

Dec 28, 2013
    Jackson,Mississippi
    yes i got an email from them asking for a detailed statement....so i know driver solutions only want you to talk to them but it took more than a week for a reply so i haunted down the app at PAM and asked do they need anymore info like my discharge papers or anything that could help for me to show that this was over and done with and tried to see if he would say yes or no right then

8. RizzaRizzo

Dec 28, 2013
    Jackson,Mississippi
    i have prehires from PTL and Schneider but thats if i get the wia and get my cdl on my own..most companies that offer training besides crst want 10 years no conviction

9. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    Talk about TMI. You really need to know what all you post before you post it.
    I suggest you delete post #2 immediately, Steve.

Edit: Thx Mack (Mod). I tried reporting first, waited 20 min, & wasn't sure how long it takes.

10. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    As a well groomed white guy, I find this thread highly offensive.

11. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    I share your sentiments!

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.