What's it like?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by TheyCallMeDave, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
    I work both Texas & Ok. I would choose Ok. if I had to, because of the more appealing countryside, nicer little towns, lower cost of living as compared to W. Texas and lower crime rate. But my family lines go back to the days before Texas was a State, so being deeply rooted in Texas, I would have difficulty moving to another state. If it was necessary though I would move to Oklahoma before anywhere else..... All that aside I would think you could do well with that offer......:)

TheyCallMeDave Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oilfieldmike

Oilfieldmike Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    holiday, florida
    Equipment is a BIG deal. There are companies buying 10 plus year old equipment and trailers. A real old pneumatic trailer will break down often and plug up making unloading a PITA.

I’m up in North Dakota running sandbox and the sky’s the limit. Run as much as you can and there is still more.

I’d compare now to 2009. The boom just starting and everything ramping up. It could go faster to the good ol days but they just don’t have enough trained people.

When the Frac crews are trained and keep the well humming you’ll see advertisements like in 2011 for workers.

TheyCallMeDave Thanks this.
  4. TheyCallMeDave

TheyCallMeDave Heavy Load Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Tejas
    According to the contact I spoke with up there, yes they pay demurge, if you break down in a major fashion they'll throw you in a different truck while yours is being fixed, and I actually didn't think to ask about speaking with any current drivers. They, from what I've seen over the last year or so rarely advertise for drivers.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    MagnumaMoose Thanks this.
  5. TheyCallMeDave

Dec 17, 2014
    Tejas
    Thanks for the reply, from what I've seen their equipment certainly doesn't seem to be lacking fortunately.

MagnumaMoose Thanks this.
  6. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Also interested in who it is if you don't mind doing a PM.

7. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    I’m interested. Any info or PM would be appreciated.

8. TheyCallMeDave

Dec 17, 2014
    Tejas
    I'll be sending PM's once I get there and see if what is being claimed is actually accurate.

9. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Thanks man!

10. Skypilotj

Skypilotj Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Put me on the list too please. Hauling crude in Pecos TX,but always looking for something better.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.