what's Set-Jet Team mean please

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by yzar78, Jul 21, 2017.

1. yzar78

yzar78 Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2017
    Hello all i just graduated from trucking school me and my bro in law and we will work as team so we been looking for a team job and we set our mind and will start orientation with Schneider transportation. we both got all the endorsements (Hazmat, tanker and double/triple) waiting on the approval for the TWIC...
    the recruiter in Schneider ask us to go online and see the available jobs for un-experienced team that available in our area and tell him what we interested in we did and we found this job exactly
    Jet-Set Over-the-Road (OTR) Team Truck Driver | Up to $10,000 Sign-on Bonus per Team | Paid Flights
    i would put the link but am not sure if this would be against the rules for the website
    i tried to google and did every search i can that explain or say anything about what is the Jet-Set OTR mean but didn't get good info about it best is the job description and it don't say more than we will be flying and driving lol

so please anyone have good info what is the Jet-Set OTR mean i just wanna be ready when talking to the recruiter and know what am talking about... is it good to new graduate, is the money good as normal OTR job for team

thanks in advance for the help

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I'm going to make a guess on this. You can ask the recruiter if I'm right. I think they fly you to various places all over the USA to work at various accounts that are short on drivers. You might fly to Denver and work there a few days, then fly to Houston and work there a few days, and on and on. Live out of a suitcase. Might be fun for awhile for a new driver.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I've never heard the term in trucking before. Jet-Set might be a company name?

5. yzar78

yzar78 Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2017
    well i hope this isn't against the rules of this website but i will put the link here... its Schneider company for sure. i think you right @Chinatown the description didn't say it exactly like this way but it says you need to be willing to fly and we will pay your flight ticket this is the link..
    Jet-Set Over-the-Road (OTR) Team Truck Driver | Up to $10,000 Sign-on Bonus per Team | Paid Flights
    if posting jobs links is not allowed in this website someone pls lemme know i will deleted it for sure

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    It explains what it is in the first few lines of the link you posted. @Chinatown was correct, as usual.

Mudguppy Thanks this.
  7. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    company term for a fast team - time to jet you're all set

8. TequilaSunrise

TequilaSunrise Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    Team drivers are gold... Manta from heaven. I would work LTL if I were you. Pays better...

9. yzar78

yzar78 Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2017
    sorry maybe this is a very ignorant question but what is LTL mean please ?
    i googled it and this is what i came up with
    Rank Abbr. Meaning
    LTL Larger Than Life
    LTL Let's Talk Later (Internet slang)
    LTL Long Term Lover
    LTL Long Time Lurker (social media)
    lol

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  10. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    well, I finally clicked that link

quote:

Jet-Set Team truck drivers get paid to fly from their home location to various locations across the country to haul freight, then get paid to fly back for home time.

Jet-Set Team Truck Driver Qualifications
    • Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
    • Hazmat endorsement preferred
    • Passport, FAST card or Enhanced CDL opens more opportunities
    • Must be willing to fly

11. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    What it is....Schneider will fly you from where you live to the truck you run 3 weeks straight and jet home. It mostly applies to people who live out side shipping lanes. Like Alaska. Honest that's the program. Schneider needs to hire 15,000 plus drivers a year. As a team you can hold out for 10k each. Best of luck I was an IC over there for 16 months.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.