Whats Stevens Main Terminal like?

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by rogercausey, Apr 10, 2012.

1. rogercausey

rogercausey Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    I have a questio...what is the Stevens main terminal like? Will be starting with them in few weeks and was told alot of times will be in and out of their main terminal in Dallas. Does that terminal have a restaurant, store, lounge, dorm style rooms, or game room for drivers who have to wait few hours in between loads? Thanks appreciate it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    I don't know of ANY trucking terminal that has a restaurant, store or dorm rooms.
    On a scale of best to worst, I would rate Stevens at the top.
    I have seen a lot of terminals over the years, and even worked at a couple of them.
    No doubt in my mind, Stevens has done it right.
    Yes, there is an independent drivers' lounge. One room for smoking, one for non smoking.
    Free laundry facilities, free showers.
    Accessible 7/24/365
    Clean secure lot. Good pavement. Clean.
    And free coffee!

4. rogercausey

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    tahnks Emuslsified...The CRE main terminal in SLC has a full restaurant, general store with food, clothing, almost anything you would find in a small grocery store, laundry, paper items etc...and sell CRE clothes like shirts , jackets, hats, toys(CRE Trucks) etc. they have a drivers lounge with a big 70n HD TV couches. Pool room...game room with video games. Showers and laundry tho you did pay to wash/dry clothes...The rest and store closed at 11p opened at 5a...laundry 24/7 open...pool room and game room close at midnite...other than that it was top notch. Thought maybe Stevens may have the same

5. general's wife

general's wife Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    Just a note, read everything very carefully with Stevens....

6. monkeypuncher

monkeypuncher Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    dallas,tx
    Crete/Schaefer in Lincoln also has cafeteria and c store.

7. rogercausey

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    Thanks generals wife...I know they only have one main terminal and pretty much everywhere else is drop yards ...jus kinda curious. Are there any decent T/S in the area they would allow you to bobtail too if you have to wait for your next load. Or at the least a Walmart to do some shopping? Maybe place to rent a car...something along those lines to stock up before you head back out on the road? With CRE they had a Wally World bout half mile from their offices and let any driver take their truck to shop for food/clothing etc.

8. general's wife

Apr 10, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    My husband was there last month for 9 days, there is a walmart within walking distance from the "hotel" they put you in. After a mistake by the recruiter, he came home and was to return a couple of days later, never did after we found out they changed his "start date" to avoid paying him. The start date they give you doesn't mean jack!! But...there are some places around the hotel.

9. rogercausey

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    K Thx. I do the school thing here in Phx for 4 weeks then travel to Dallas for the orientation before heading out with a trainer for 5wks. I am thinking and was told by 2 recruiters they don't think I will end up doing the full 5wks. I have 5yrs experience so they kinda figure bout 3-4wks out. I hope all goes ok.

10. general's wife

Apr 10, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
  11. rogercausey

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.