Whats Stevens Main Terminal like?

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by rogercausey, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    There is plenty of delivery food available. Italian, Mexican, Chineese etc ...

Also there is a food truck that has good food during the day.

You dont really need to rent a car. They have a loaner car available for short term use. But yes, Enterprise will pick you up and give you Stevens discount if you want a rental.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. monkeypuncher

monkeypuncher Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    dallas,tx
    They have company cars they will let you use. Only O/O and lease drivers can BT off the yard.

4. rogercausey

rogercausey Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    Kinda figured that...when I was with CRE and in SLC since I was lease they let us drive off the lot to do what we wanted. I just mainly went to walmart to stockup on toiletries/food. Had fridge in truck and TV. the Company drivers they allowed to Walmart only. Also u could rent a car from them for $19 a day unlimited mis and they would take it out of your check. Did that couple times to see the Temple and sights in town. I will be going company so what bout small truckstop type fridge and small TV in my truck. Also if I have it professionally mounted by a mech from Stevens will they allow a small 2000watt inverter...to power the TV. I know they have APUs in their truck don' think it works at powering anything inside your truck. Any info on what they offer in trucks would help. Thanks guys.

5. rogercausey

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    Oh does Stevens have a deal with any cell phone companies that would offer any driver a discount per month if they sign up. Am with Verizon and looking to go better. CRE actually had a kiosk for Sprint in their main terminal that offer drivers %25 off their monthly bills. Thank You

6. rogercausey

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    Yea Corporal CRE offer alot of local delivery food I tried to stay off that and bought food at local grocery store to stick in my fridge...sandwhiches. soups...chips...crackers...and condiments. And they did have a roach coach come on the lot...good burritos but fattening...lol

7. nascarchuck

nascarchuck Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2008
    DFW, TX
    I believe that there are cell discounts through Stevens.

There are no kiosks or anything similar on property because the building is too small to allow anything such as that.

They do have 2 or 3 loaner cars but good luck getting one within 2-3 hours unless you find who is next in line and ride with them.

Like was said, there is a roach coach there from about 8a-4p. Pretty good food. I love the "big burrito". There is also a van that comes in around 6p that sells dinners. Never tried them but they sure looked good.

Unless things have changed since I left, on Thursdays a guy sells BBQ and Fridays a guy comes in with a hot dog cart. Both are really good.

Drivers lounge has the amenities already listed. Wasnt impressed with the showers but hey, its a shower and its free! Smokers room is large with all kinds of vending machines, microwaves, etc. A few couches and huge TV. Non smokers room is much smaller with only a decent size tv. No vending or anything. In other words you have to go into the smokers room where you can barely breathe if you want anything. Both rooms are normally crowded.

You can buy shirts, caps, clipboards, truck stop guides, etc through driver services. The only drawback is you will be in line for an hour and normally longer. Be prepared to buy what you want when you have to get signed off with driver service. You can payroll deduct items.

Supposedly there is free wifi in the drivers lounge but I never could get it to work. I would go into the main building into a breakroom.

As far as the inverter they all have a fairly large one built in with the APU. It is mounted behind the drivers seat with 2 outlets. I ran a power strip to the passenger side on the truck to power my TV and fridge. I think it was 1800 watts. The only time I had problems was if I tried to use my electric skillet while watching TV.

8. cpttuttle

cpttuttle Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2011
    altoona,pa
    i don't work there,but from what i read here prime has all that.plus billboards on i44 invites drivers in

9. rogercausey

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    Hey thanks Nascar for the info....guess will be lookin at hitting up a Wally World while I am there to stock up on food. I know of alot of walmarts in different area that will ok a Big Truck to park off to the side if your gonna shop. I know the one down the street from my old place did. As far as hats and such thats cool I will prob do that.

10. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    I wear a large Rogercausey..just an fyi...

11. rogercausey

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.