Whats Stevens Main Terminal like?

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by rogercausey, Apr 10, 2012.

1. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yeah, once I get out on the road, I will need an extra large....:biggrin_25523:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nascarchuck

nascarchuck Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2008
    DFW, TX
    Believe it or not I lost about 40 pounds during the 8 months with them. Not trying to sound negative but most of it was when I was in school and in training because I couldnt afford to eat much at all. I was living on $50 a week.

4. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    I can see that totally happenning to me! I will be on a budget myself. I am actually saving up money to 'survive' on while I go through the Stevens Academy. That's why I am looking at late july. Don't want to touch the savings,lol.

5. rogercausey

rogercausey Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    yea nascar I understand....when I went to the CRE school in SLC I lost a bunch in the 3weeks there because I couldn't afford to each much. They gave us one meal ticket a day and thats what I usually ate only. The good thing bout taking the training class here in Phoenix....my family lives here. thats where I will be staying so food and such won't be a prob. Will only have to worry bout smokes and all my Mt Dew I drink.

6. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    We DON'T go to the yard/terminal for loads. Best advice, is only go to the yard when required to for you 90 day safety talk and classes. And to have the truck inspected.

When one delivers in the Dallas/fort worth area, we get dispatched to another load in the area.

I don't know who told you about alot of time in and out of the terminal, that is not true.

7. Cooper09

Cooper09 Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I thought to be a super trucker it would be best to split my time between the terminal and the truck stop ? :biggrin_25525:

8. rogercausey

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    Thanks Tlea...was just wondering if had an unload in Dallas area and they give me next load if there was time between load I would go to shower or pickup supplies....that sorta thing.

9. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    Once you enter the yard you may not leave until you have finished the clearance sheet and the truck has cleared the safety lane and been worked on.

It is not come in and leave any time you want.

10. rogercausey

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    OK...cool then I know if I am in that area with any downtime between loads to head to the nearest T/S for showers and such. With CRE you went in thru the fuel islands and once fueled or checked out by island guys you go anywhere in the yards drop your trlr if u have one then bobtail to the bobtail prking area and go in shower eat, shop or whatever. If u had to you could check in with ur DM or safety, IC any of the offices there in the building. If u needed ur truck worked on or a PM could bring ur truck to the shop check in and let ur DM know whats going on so as he/she doesn't load you out right away. Thank You for the info. Appreciate it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.