Whats the deal with Chicago??

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by sjtrucker, Dec 4, 2007.

1. RoamingGnome

RoamingGnome Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Pennsylavania
    i'll be in d.c. monday morning. oh i just can't wait. being sarcastic.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Now that's a town that's got some trucking problems. Say hello to Marion "Crackhead Mayor" Barry while you are there. A fine example of a public servant....

4. RoamingGnome

RoamingGnome Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Pennsylavania
    i'll be sure to do that. he is a joke for a mayor. the town isn't much better.

5. Ronnocomot

Ronnocomot Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2006
    IL
    I used to live in Oak Park, the first suburb west of Chicago on the Eisenhower Expressway, and worked in the Sears Tower. Total distance was about 11 miles, some days it took 17 minutes other days 1 hour and 10 minutes, Ugh!!

The worst was when it was early morning or late afternoon when the sun was directly in your eyes, or more importantly in the eyes of people around you who were not aware their vehicles were equipped with sun visors.

I don't miss those days.

6. bobobrazil

bobobrazil Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2007
    In Front Of You
    Man, the low clearances! If you get yourself over there by the lake and you don't know your way out you will be tightened up! I spent an hour or so trying to get out of there one afternoon and...no fun. Probably my fault for getting my directions from two guys on the dock who are probably still laughing about how they sent that driver into low clearance Haiti. I could see the expressway but I couldn't get there. It's all about the "L" I think they call it that's the mass transit trains you see going everywhere they just didn't build the overpasses high enough for todays modern trucks. Anyway... One of the local city guys finally led me ouy of there and he told me that Chicago actually has special firetrucks just so they can get where they need to go.

7. curtislyn

curtislyn Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Montgomery, AL
    I deliver to Chicago 3 times a week and love it.

8. uncle bill

uncle bill Bobtail Member

May 1, 2007
    Haven't been there for over 10 yrs but I liked Chitown. Great freight,never wait. Problem is low clearance. If you have a Chicago address, you have a problem. But most ship/rec are in the burbs.:biggrin_255:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.