whats the difference if any

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by navywill, Aug 8, 2014.

1. navywill

navywill Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I just applied to Conway. I've been reading through the threads and it's raised a few questions
    1. I've seen references to Conway freight and Conway truck load...is there a difference?
    2. I've seen some people talking about working on the dock. Is this something all drivers have to do? I don't want to work dock..want to drive :)
    3. If you work for Conway do you like it

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jaguar115

Jaguar115 Heavy Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Warsaw, Mo
    Conway bought CFI.. Truck load you will be OTR..

The LTL side on Conway people work the docks before advancing to driving (I think, never worked for either)

4. rodknocker

rodknocker Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    Conway truckload makes about $55,000 a year. Conway ltl makes about $85,000 a year with a lot of time off

5. morlandoemtp

morlandoemtp Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2014
    New York
    Ok so Conway Truckload is otr. Conway Freight is local and ltl. If you work for freight especially being new, in the afternoon or night(linehaul) you will be loading and unloading trucks depending on your terminal. Docks are hot in the summer/cold in the winter, if you do local deliveries expect to be driving in residential areas with your truck. Good luck.

6. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I applied at Con-Way in Stoughton, Wis. a while back, and I was told I would have load my own truck, not sure about unloading, as after I heard the loading part, I said no thank you.:biggrin_25512:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.