What's up with dirty Peterbilts ?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by bzinger, Apr 8, 2021.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Why do I see all these 379 Pete's around these days that look like they haven't seen a wash bay in 6 months...they look like crap all dolled up and filthy.
    Are these people pushing retirement that gave up on a nice looking ride ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Paint, and chrome, don’t getcha home.

4. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    @Superhauler said a dirty truck is a busy truck..
    That man saved me a ton of money.:cool:

5. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    7B328B11-4262-4906-9B5F-7DA5628B2239.jpeg Mine stays like this pretty much.

6. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Probably a combination of a few things.

Obviously these are guys that had to have the big Pete with the big cat! So they remortgaged their house and spent $100,000 more than they had to spend so they could say they have the big Pete with the big cat. Now that could have spent $100,000 less for a good truck, but they had to have the big Pete with the big cat...

Then they probably needed some actual parts for the Big Pete and of course because it's the big Pete they spent ten times more than they would have if they had a good truck. So of course they had to remortgage again...

Then one day they after they were at the lunch counter saying hey man I'm the guy with the big Pete with the big cat, they hit the starter and the big cat went kaboom.

So they had to remortgage once again, and after crying their eyes out when they saw what it cost to rebuild that big cat, they did it and now they can only afford to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

No more truck washes they can't afford it.

And plus they're probably afraid because every time they go through the truck wash that stupid windshield leaks and shorts everything out in their truck and then they have to remortgage the house again and go have the truck fixed...

But hey he got the big Pete with the big cat!

Petrobilt, lol. Gotta make you laugh...

7. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Agreed but my cascadia gets washed at least every couple weeks ....landstar pete next to me with all the trimmings looks absolutely ghetto .

8. exhausted379

exhausted379 Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2013
    I have a big pete with a big cat and stays washed. The best part is she is all paid for so laugh away.

9. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Well that's kind of my point and the make doesent really matter , 2 payments left on my cascadia but always kept clean and maintained...924k and nice ....it will never be a 359 or 379 but it blows my mind to see these trucks rot away.

10. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Oh really ? I’m busy and look at mine.☺️

11. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    I'd wonder how often you guys wash your truck at all ?! Before i painted my truck it was once a year and you cant see the difference , now every other week sometimes once a month if not dirty ... Last time left home shiny and on the 3rd day hit snow storm on i70 and it looks very dirty ... Also whole grill , bumper , visor and mirrors completely covered in insects even when you just left truck wash ... My interior gets washed and vacuumed weekly or often though !

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.