Whats your 20, interstate drivers?

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by Dark_Majesty_06, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    Still sitting out here, even tho im on the KANSAS CITY REGIONAL..... and theres another driver here as well, also on the KC regional, both from denver, and both not getting loads back east. they gave me a load to cali, I said no to it, not ever going back there so yeah Ill just wait until they have something going back east. same story as always... "well the planner doesnt have anything going east BUT they can get you somewhere that you'll have a better chance at going east if you accept..." that trick only works the first or second time... after that I'm not so easily persuaded.

If you cant keep a driver in the area you hired him for, maybe ya shouldn't be recruiting like mad. Told him about the dedicated in colorado, he was like are you kidding me, with all the drivers the company has why not ask internally before going out to recruit other people for positions current drivers want. He also tried to get onto an office depot dedicated, they told him it was full, but then they went out and hired more people for it and skipped over the current IDC driver. Sorry, but this company has proven time and time again they don't really care about their drivers, its all about numbers. Had an interview this past week when I was in Denver, once my background stuff comes in im outta here.

Dark_Majesty_06 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Before you run, they just took The Walmart account from GTI. Might check to see if they need dedicated from Loveland (Walmart/Sams Club).

4. Blue02celi

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    the dedicated from loveland to grand junction is the one I was referring to. but that wont change any of the other issues I have here even if I was able to squeeze my way onto it. If things go as they have been the first 6 months, Ill gross just over 30k for the year... job I'm waiting for in Denver advertises making almost double that the first year, home daily, two days off a week. its more unloading than driving but when Im gone just about every other weekend and im only grossing 640 a week it just doesn't seem right.

5. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Understandable. Just wanted to provide options. Best of luck, hope you get and it works out.:biggrin_255:

6. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Well got home and now I got a nice load out to Cheyenne for anytime del drop.. so im gunna stay out this weekend and hopefully get over to the left coast for a day.

7. Blue02celi

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    sitting in montana, deliver the 2nd part of this load in the am and then wait to see where im going next

put my 2 week notice in, and of course, once I did I was asked why so I told em. took about 2 hours before I got a call from the FM of the dedicated/locals in Denver, i didnt pick up but he left a message, saying he has spots open or something... a bit late for that, only took 3 weeks. so hopefully heading thru Denver to empty this thing out before they send me down to Lebanon, which I'm assuming they'll route me down there to turn the truck back in since Denver is just a drop yard.

8. Dark_Majesty_06

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Dang.. couldnt get out of my driveway until my wife calls.. she was taking my son into his room and BAM... I may have forgot to put a certain vent cover on over the ac.. she fell and re hurt her broken ankle... so off to the hospital.. dang man.. I cant catch a break here.. I havent been able to work consistently since a month ago.. yet interstate keeps working with me.. any one else woulda fired my butt after the first week or atleast taken the truck back..not here.
    Im thankful to have a job but sometimes it does suck.. better than being homeless.

9. Blue02celi

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    sorry to hear man, and yeah sounds like they're watchin out for ya, always a good thing ^.^
    hope your wife makes a quick recovery so you can get your butt back to work slacker!

10. Dark_Majesty_06

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Hahaha, I know right. Im about to leave my sog in charge and get outta here. Its upsetting on kany levels.. I love Wyoming and hardly every get out.. plus im angry at myself for forgetting this stupid ac cover.. im lucky my son wasnt dropped and hurt.

Im glad you found something to your liking blue.. it shows they dont want to loose drivers by trying to help you out. They have to understand too, you tried for weeks.. maybe up thier communications and for heaven sake.. get us some more dispatchers.. so people arent running around so much. I wish ya the best of luck buddy.. keep in touch!

11. Blue02celi

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    the past week I've had 3 managers over me, i dunno what the heck is going on over there, and then the one the other day was telling me I should have never been sent up here to the north west, heck I knew that but they were sending a bunch of people from denver west even tho we were KC regional. and sorry but yeah, projected to make 34k this first year is not what I was expecting.

sitting in toledo, WA, dropped my load earlier, hoping i get something going back east finally tomorrow, cause im not accepting anything else

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.