Whats Your 20 ?

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by TruckDuo, Oct 7, 2013.

1. yahshuah

yahshuah Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Jax and the A
    LOL... what will corporate do, lock me up?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ziegy

Ziegy Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Elwood, IN
    At a hotel near the Springfield, OH terminal for the weekend. Finally done with training. Trainer dropped me off Friday and will be upgrading on Monday!!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  4. Brandson

Brandson Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Good luck. Getting your first truck is the finest display of USX's complete lack of coordination. Gets a bit better after tho.

Ziegy Thanks this.
  5. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Ziegy, introduce yourself to the equipment manager at Springfield. That will help you get a good truck. The good news is that the older Peterbilts are almost gone. Ask for a newer Cascadia.

Ziegy Thanks this.
  6. Ziegy

Ziegy Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Elwood, IN
    Wish I'd seen this post last night! LOL! Got to the terminal today & jumped through all the hoops to finish my upgrade. Took all day to get through that as there is one person doing all the testing & there were at least 6 of us there to upgrade. Finally got to truck assignment thinking I'm so-o-o close to being out of here & on my way home for Christmas. Not so fast! Seems some moron has abandoned a truck in Indianapolis, which just happens to be less than 50 miles from home. So, I'm in the hotel in Springfield for another night & supposed to catch a ride in the morning to Indy to recover this truck to make it my own. Here's hoping the former employee didn't trash it.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  7. Brandson

Dec 14, 2013
    Don't unpack in it. You're going to need it detailed. They're not going to want to bother, but be assertive! Tell them you're not sleeping in the truck before it's detailed. Remember, please, your dispatcher is not your boss, more like a supervisor with little authority. They'll try to tell you no to some things. You need to realize when you need to stand up and tell them what you need, and that's what needs to happen. Believe me, you could tell them smoke is coming from under your hood and they'd insist you'd finish your run, then "see what they can do". Same goes for home time. If they find out you're a pushover, you won't get home more than twice next year, lol.

Ziegy, TruckDuo and BigBluePeter Thank this.
  8. Ziegy

Ziegy Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Elwood, IN
    I am in the shop AGAIN! I'm the type of person that typically rolls with the flow but I can't seem to get rolling at all with USX and it's getting very frustrating! Long story short, upgraded just before Christmas. Had to recover the truck that was assigned to me. After Christmas hometime, it immediately went in to shop. After a couple days, they reseated me. My new truck--immediately in the shop for a couple days (even though a complete reseat had supposedly been done on it). I specifically mentioned to them about doing PM. Not due according to Springfield shop. Two weeks later, guess what--I'm sent to Shippensburg for PM! Been here since Saturday evening. Hotel tonight. Hopefully, maybe, cross my fingers, done Sunday. I just want to get one normal paycheck before I take some hometime again! Have been out since 12/29 and haven't had one yet.

BTW-- For those who don't know, your FM must schedule your PM now. You can't just roll in to a shop and have it done anymore. That was another nightmare. Had to convince Dispatch that they had to schedule it. They knew nothing about the new procedure.

9. Brandson

Dec 14, 2013
    Good luck. About the same as my start, but my truck just kept breaking down, no reseating. 10 days in shop after picking my truck up, haha. Holidays...

10. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    US Xpress does their PM every 50,000 miles (50,000, 100,000, etc.)

We did ours at SpeedCo so we could get the rewards points from them. I think it was after spending $2,000 they give you $50 in free product. I would stock up on cleaning products.

11. Ziegy

Ziegy Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Elwood, IN
    In Sanford, Maine delivering to a Tractor Supply Store in the morning. Really hoping to beat the blizzard out of here! Will be on my way to Niagara Falls, NY next if the storm doesn't catch me. So far I don't see any storm warnings posted there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.