"whats Your Handle?"

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by sjtrucker, Feb 16, 2008.

1. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    I'm not familiar with the Opie and Anthony show in the mornings and the only Mongo I've heard of likes candyGrams and knocks horses out with one punch in Blazing Saddles. But still, having you, a celebrity, join The Trucker's Report is an honor.
    I'm glad you found us.

BTW, How did you find us?
    And is it possible for those of us domiciled on the Left Coast to tune into Opie and Anthony in the morning? I'd like to be in the audience just in case you decide to thank the first poster here who bestowed upon you, your first official Thank You for one of your posts. :biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. springbrake

springbrake Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Opie (Gregg Hughes, born May 23, 1963) and Anthony (Anthony Cumia, born April 26, 1961) are the hosts of The Opie & Anthony Show, a talk radio program airing in the United States and Canada on XM Satellite Radio and Sirius Satellite Radio. It is co-hosted by stand up comedian Jim Norton. The show is currently based in New York City; it was previously on WXRK-FM and WNEW-FM in New York, and before that, on WAAF-FM in Worcester, MA.
    On April 26, 2006, Opie and Anthony returned to the terrestrial airwaves after a four year absence, replacing CBS Radio's short-lived David Lee Roth Show, which aired mainly on the eastern coast of the United States. The terrestrial part of the show ran until March 9, 2009. They were let go by WXRK-FM when it flipped formats from rock to Top 40.
    The Opie & Anthony Show airs weekdays live from 6am through 11am ET exclusively on XM Radio Channel 202 and Sirius Radio Channel 197 "The Virus". Replays are available throughout the day on their XM and Sirius channels.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2010
    AfterShock Thanks this.
  4. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Taz

Well ever since I was a kid my folks called me that as I left a trail of destruction that could be followed to find me:biggrin_25525:

5. Freebird135

Freebird135 Road Train Member

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning
    light cord louie....long story

6. Trashtrucker1265

Trashtrucker1265 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Alright, no smirks about this but they call me "poo boy", I haul human waste out of the sewage treatment plant so it was kind of hard to get away from the stereotypes:biggrin_2556: On another note, I also haul trash when not pulling waste, hence my title on here "trashtrucker".

7. Ike

Ike Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    IKE picked it up in school, short version of my last name

8. dblswing

dblswing Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2010
    metal gypsy was postman for a while due to hitting a stupid post when training. I think the best handles are given to drivers not chosen. Mine is from a 6yr old girl I met at a truck stop she was asking about the truck and said "you're just like a big metal gypsy" some drivers in restaraunt heard her and it stuck.

9. Calve

Calve Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Locust Grove, VA
    Mine is Twodogs. was given to me by my ex-wife's family after I got caught in a compromised position with her cousin at our wedding reception.

10. BIG RIGGER

BIG RIGGER Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Fargo,ND.
    They call me Heavy but I don't know why.

11. LindaLou

LindaLou Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2006
    I never had a handle for years because I seldom speak on the cb. I tried Hawaii Girl for awhile but no one could understand it. Then, my DDM (dear Driver Manager) gave me what I currently use. I called him on the phone and just started speaking to him and he called me by the name of the other female driver on his board. I immediately corrected him by saying, "I'm not Jo Anne". So now, I'm Not Jo Anne!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.