When do brokers get paid?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by hkronick, Dec 29, 2012.

1. hkronick

hkronick Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2012
    I posted a similar question in the OO thread, but would like to here from brokers.

Which payment methods do you guys receive from the shipper? What percentage of the time for each method?

1. Direct deposit bank transfer (ACH)
    2. Credit Card
    3. Physical Check mailed
    4. Other (please explain)

How many different shippers do you receive funds from each week?
    What is the avg time it takes for a shipper to pay you?

Thanks!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BAYOU

BAYOU Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Beaumont,Tx
    We always get a check some customers call and say I have a check some pay us before we ever pick the load up some just mail it from there Corp office as far as when they pay some pay us the same week as long as they have the POD some take a week some take 3 weeks some are 30-60 I even have some that pay 90days.
    We use to do alot for exxon mobil but there 160 days and was sick of my money being tied up when there wanting the best deal they can get

So if your asking do brokers get paid before truckers sometimes.....but sometimes I have $2,800 in paying a driver that I'm making $200 off of but I'm out of pocket for the money for weeks

BigBadBill and luckytx52 Thank this.
  4. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    We are mostly by check and 90% is under 30-days. Typically if it goes over 30 it is because they want original BOLs.

We only do direct deposit with larger accounts and it goes into a sweep account.

5. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Our A/R and A/P are all handled at the corporate level so I truly couldn't tell you. I know there are customers we have to chase down for payment or else LS will "back charge" us for the amount. Typical ADP is 30-45 days for larger customers, sometimes it's as far as 120-180 ADP for small outfits who float cash and use large brokerage firms as a bank of sorts until they can collect from their customers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.