When does training pay start???

Discussion in 'Millis' started by PowderBlue, Jan 14, 2013.

1. river ratt

river ratt Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Fayetteville NC
    yeah I'll be coming in from NC on Sunday. That will actually be Super Bowl Sunday too.I don't know much about the place so hopefully it's a pretty nice place tolay my head.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PowderBlue

PowderBlue Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Clarksville TN
    Ravens vs 9ers I'm hoping... does millis make you have a roommate? Can we bring our own cars or does the.trainer take us from the facility? If u don't know I'll call and ask. I'll pm u my contact t info or Facebook before I go... nice to know at least someone my first day. I have been at my last job for 10 years. This feels like the first day of school lol

4. river ratt

river ratt Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Fayetteville NC
    Not sure about your questions. I was at my job for 14 and a half years and the closed the doors. but yeah you can facebook me and I'll pm you. It's Craig Thompkins

5. PowderBlue

Dec 18, 2012
    Clarksville TN
    Ill call tomorrow and ask some more questions if no one chimes in...

6. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    If you don't want a roommate you will pay for both beds. You can take a car. If you leave out directly from school you can leave the carat the terminal. You will be given the opportunity to take a few days off before going out with a trainer. They can arrange for your trainer to pick you up somewhere other than the terminal.

7. PowderBlue

Dec 18, 2012
    Clarksville TN
    Thanks LB.. I might take the car then .. and possible try to get picked up at the house... Is there class on the weekends? Im 30 minutes from Nashville so its only 4 hrs each way .. I could always bring the car home after week two and get dropped off for the final week.

8. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    Remember it's actually four weeks. After training is complete there is a three day orientation which you will go through with any experienced drivers if there are any at the time. Last day of orientation is your official hire date.

Nashville is a good area to get picked up since we go through there often but it won't be at your house. Most likely you meet at a truck stop.

No class on weekends. You will be free to go home after class on Friday and show back up Monday. Good thing is if you do it that way you are only going to owe for four nights hotel stay each week. Just make sure you check out on Friday mornings before heading to class and let them know you will be back on Monday afternoon.

skyflyer69 Thanks this.
  9. PowderBlue

Dec 18, 2012
    Clarksville TN
    LB thanks a bunch.. Money is a little tight right now.. ill just go home for the weekends rather owe less later. Thanks for your replies... glad I seem to be close to freight lanes.. Im in Clarksville TN. Thanks again for your time!

10. Truck It

Truck It Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2012
    This is going to change soon, from what I heard it is going to change the student will get paid every week for how many days that week they drove. So they are at least getting a check every week as long as they are driving. Also it is changing to 15,000 miles driven by the student before being able to test out.

11. Truck It

Truck It Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2012
    You can request your own room, however you will be paying the whole bill for your room instead of splitting the cost, which is around 55 per day. You can bring your own car, the school will supply a van for the whole class to use to get back and forth with each day.

PowderBlue Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.