When does training pay start???

Discussion in 'Millis' started by PowderBlue, Jan 14, 2013.

1. PowderBlue

PowderBlue Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Clarksville TN
    I seen in the packet to bring a check for direct deposit... Is that the only payroll option? Millis site mentions comdata? All new to me .. can anyone elaborate?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truck It

Truck It Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Comdata card is issued to you in orientation, its a card that is used to fuel with and pay for scales with. It has two sides to it, it has the corporate side than a personal side. Obviously the corporate side is used to pay for authorized purchases ie fuel and scales. The personal side you can put your pay onto, they also put some bonuses on it as well. It can't be used like a credit card though and there is a fee to it. I don't use it so someone else might be able to explain it better. I know there is a way to withdraw it all at one time as cash to avoid paying multiple fees. I believe you use a com check to do that.

4. PowderBlue

PowderBlue Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Clarksville TN
    Thanks TruckIT.. I seen on the other thread ur right in the thick of things... wish ya the best of luck! I will probably go direct deposit in the near future.. but I just relocated from SoCal to Tennessee and haven't opened new accounts yet. Im not even sure how long I want to live in this town.. but its home for now.

5. samurai

samurai Heavy Load Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Fairborn, OH
    yeah you can get your cash from your comdata card by using a com check. the only problem with that is even if you fuel up (which makes it free to cash a com check) most places will only cash up to $300 for the free amount. Then it is a percentage like 3% or more charged on the rest. I have direct deposit but like truck it said they put some of the bonuses on the card (which makes no sense to me) so i always keep some com checks in my truck.

PowderBlue Thanks this.
  6. Boomer 1

Boomer 1 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Central, NC
    I just write a comcheck to myself for the bonuses and put it in my bank for free.

7. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    You can use it at Walmart like a debit card and can withdrawal from some ATMs.

8. Truck It

Truck It Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2012

Thanks for that info, I didn't know it could be used at Walmart like that! :)

9. samurai

Feb 25, 2012
    Fairborn, OH
    actually there are quite a few walmarts that do not use comdata cards. I found that out the hard way.

10. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    I have a hard time finding ATM machines that will accept it but every Walmart I've used it in works. Works in their ATM machines too. Maybe it's just in the south.

11. samurai

Feb 25, 2012
    Fairborn, OH
    yeah i forget where we were but when i was with my trainer we stopped at a walmart to buy food and his card didnt work so he paid with his bank card. and mine didnt work so i didnt buy anything. it was my only money at the time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.