When The PoPo are Never Wrong

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Opus, May 25, 2019.

1. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    If you look closely at the beginning, the cop thought he had the interstate slowed so he jumped over to slow the on ramp down. I'm guessing once he slowed down the ramp he came back on the interstate "assuming" he was clear and not paying attention. Not enough cops for that many lanes.
    Hard to say who is right or wrong from such a short video clip but it is clear the officer didn't perform his end of the deal correctly.

Tb0n3, Opus, gentleroger and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Yeah I said earlier at least 3 was needed

lovesthedrive, Bud A. and sealevel Thank this.
  4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Why do they bring 3 fire trucks (one for each lane) 6 ambulances (2 for each lane) and four Squad cars (parked sideways so that they can block the other side of the interstate) for a one vehicle motorcycle accident that is 100 feet off the road.
    Answer is because they can. lol

A few years ago a tour bus rolled, I was fueling up when ambulances started driving by, when I pulled out ambulances kept passing me. It was an hours drive to the wreck and they had stopped traffic at the top of the hills going both ways. I could see many ambulances down their, tour bus completely on it's top, probably 100 feet from the road. I could also see all the emt's and firemen just standing around leaning on the vehicles, etc,etc.
    It took nearly 2 hours before a trooper showed up to the scene, and the ambulances started leaving. It turned out the bus was empty, but that was not reported when the call went out, so ambulances from every jurisdiction around came running, thinking many injuries.
    I suspect they had to have something signed off of from the trooper before they could leave, but why they couldn't open the road will remain a mystery.

shogun and Bud A. Thank this.
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    He's even in a daycab. He should have experienced the cop's maneuver if no where else then on the local news from it happening before.

Also for the poster that said he's exiting the ramp... He's not. Hard to tell on a phone, but on a desktop he weaves from left all the way right on to the ramp (from the expressway) and back to hit the semi.

Bud A. and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Because people love firefighters lol

not4hire, lovesthedrive and Bud A. Thank this.
  7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Troopers are spread thinner and thinner every year because of State budgets unfortunately.

8. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Alaska troopers have a tremendous amount of ground to cover, but are probably the most respected troopers in the nation in general. I do think a lot of this is because they are spread so thin they tend to have plenty of real issues to deal with to not fuss much over trivial issues.

In other words, it is unheard of for one to pull someone over for a seatbelt or license plate light or any number of like crimes.. but all in and serious on serious crimes.

Bud A. Thanks this.
  9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Or city stupidity. Flint has state troopers on the street because Flint refuses to fund more that (I belive) 6 officers. For a city of 100,000 people and always in the top 5 for crime rate.

I just shake my head at yet another cost the city is making the state pay from 60 years of mismanagement.

Bud A. and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Sad

lovesthedrive, Bud A. and ZVar Thank this.
  11. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington
    Zvar I stand corrected had to blow it up huge to see it

ZVar and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.