When The PoPo are Never Wrong

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Opus, May 25, 2019.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    It's called a rolling road block. How do you think they get traffic stopped?

When there's an imminent threat ahead and the traffic needs stopped, they supposed to wait for a group of DPS to assemble?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    I would definitely have to take that one to court..looks like the Trooper is at fault for failure to yield. Why was he blocking the road? Was someone laying in the road up ahead. If the trooper can articulate he had to intentionally crash into the truck on purpose to prevent death or injury maybe his actions were justified, otherwise..he is at fault.

Failure to yield to an emergency vehicle? If an emergency vehicle is going through a red light with lights and siren he still has to yield to the traffic that has the green light..

shogun and Cowboyrich Thank this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    coulda been the accident included all the lanes after perhaps hitting the wall..??

also, there could have been some sort of problem with radio communications, and until the cop came up on the scene and saw it was clear, then he let it all go..?? maybe THAT'S how they do it..???

your're asking me questions that would have served you better had you emailed, called or went in person to the CHP headquarters or substation....

there WAS a reason why that manuever was taking place.

go ask them........

go in person and tell them you don't like what they do, and if they ever do it again, tell them you're gonna kick the snot out of every one of them....

in 6 months, when you wake up from your coma......let us know if they still do that manuever or not....

no need to try and debate me......you said you saw the video, yet you didn;t see that accident scene further up the road, and you couldn't think hard enough as to why it was happening, and you made a comment..???

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    This scenario is like someone going up and using the ATM at a bank when the SWAT Team is taking down a robber.

Lepton1, LoboSolo and shogun Thank this.
  6. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    If the ATM isn’t in the line of fire, and I need to buy big radio stuff, what’s the problem?

JoeyJunk, buddyd157 and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  7. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Both trucker and trooper are at fault.

Every driver knows that emergency lights mean to yield.

The trucker is feigning ignorance and was looking to avoid the slowdown.

This action upset the trooper who then intentionally sideswiped the tractor trailer. It's not like the trooper didn't see the truck.

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I’ve never seen this done. Dangerous idea IMHO.

Where I HAVE seen it done, it would’ve been at least two cars straddling the lines.

mjd4277, stwik, smokey12 and 3 others Thank this.
  9. bigheart1216

bigheart1216 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2015
    When you look at the video the officer comes off the highway crosses the solid white line the red car slows down thinking its getting pulled over then all of a sudden the officer comes back on the highway crosses the solid white line and drives into the semi. Even if the driver stood on the brakes the cop would have caused an accident with someone rear ending the semi at least. As " Professional Drivers" we have to maintain the Smith System, but obviously there are 2 different laws 1 who are under the law and 1 for who are above the law(yes there are law enforcement plus our government who don't abide by the law). If the cop would have observed all of his surroundings & "Got the Big Picture" there probably wouldn't have been an accident.(Yeah, yeah the driver should have just slowed down & the cop shouldn't have crossed the solid white line for a second time if there was no immediate danger.)
    my 2 cents

10. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    I bet you never been pulled over for DWB!
    Elsewise you would be saying. The second I saw the lights, i would have been watching that cop car like a hawk!!
    Aint no way that couldn't of happened. Even if the cop was trying to make it happen.
    Just a fact of life.

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    :rolleyes:

drvrtech77 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.