When will mulch season start?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by RunningAces, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Rickp

Rickp Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Ward, AR
    I got an email yesterday with about 20 loads of it listed. Starting early it looks like.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Last year I hauled mulch almost everyday in the beginning of the year. Started around late January

4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Doesn’t start till March around me……

D.Tibbitt, cke and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  5. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Waterloo and Laporte Indiana along with Harrah, Oklahoma are loads of mulch, that I know of... Lots and lots of loads listed for those locations already.

shooter19802003, D.Tibbitt and cke Thank this.
  6. PSM379

PSM379 Heavy Load Member

Apr 19, 2019
  7. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Do you x strap that stuff across the back ?

cke, D.Tibbitt and shooter19802003 Thank this.
  8. BennysPennys

BennysPennys Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2021
    I’m in the Dallas area and just received an email from Home depot about building raised flower beds it included ad for mulch. It’s mulch season starting soon.

cke and shooter19802003 Thank this.
  9. shooter19802003

shooter19802003 Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Idaho
    Sometimes I do and sometimes not. Just depends on what it looks like after I get it loaded. Same with the front. Alot of it depends on where you load and how it's packaged.

cke, BennysPennys and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I x the front more times then not... the plant I was running out of does a piss poor job of wrapping and any trip over 200 miles the front pallets would fall apart from the wind... I grew to absolutely despise hauling mulch. The pay isn't great, even doing 3 or 4 loads a day, just isn't worth the headache of watching a bag or 2 fly off the trailer in the mirrors.

11. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    If you get a load of mulch and it's going to a pot co-op of any kind you might be in for a bad day. There's a couple of runs in our part of the country that the mulch company has to haul on their own truck because nobody will haul it any more.
    You start off the highway and meet customers at pre selected spots along the road. The road is just barely passable for a 45 footer. Dirt, switchbacks, narrow, wash-outs. You drop off a few bags wherever the customers are gathered, then go up the road and drop off a few more. Sometimes you'll get lucky and somebody who isn't too stoned will help you.. Other times you just ask how many of what kind and throw it off the trailer. I'm talking about anywhere from ten to fifteen bags.
    Never take a COD load. Never.
    You'll be up there a couple of days. Bring your own food. Do not under any circumstances take food from the growers. Don't drink any tea they offer you. Bring your own beverage and never leave an open one unattended.
    Do not ball the grower gals. They have STDs up there that aren't even in the medical journals yet.
    Don't let them talk you into turning off the main road and delivering directly to their farm or grow site.. You'll wish you hadn't. They don't have roads, they have goat trails. Literally.
    Eventually you'll get the load off and then, since you can't get turned around, you'll follow that same road on out and wind up on the coast somewhere.

Speed_Drums, Gatordude, CAXPT and 5 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.