When will the MADNESS ever stop?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Diantane, Dec 13, 2017.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    20 dollars a box please. Priority.

Let's see now 3000 little boxes in the big box with wheels on it that go round and round.... 60K load roughly in dollars don't you think?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I was thinking more in terms of the envelope that's post marked December 28 in Green Bay but doesn't get delivered in Green Bay until January 4th. The darn thing had to move 5 miles across town.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Or computer parts specifically processor or hard drives that come out of City of Industry 3 hours after I hit buy and ship on newegg dot com, and then see it sit and bake in 110 degree weather for a 4 day weekend not moving somewhere in Arizona.

I have since had the stuff delivered by air. Ground shipping is no good to me with fried computer parts.

It would be awesome if we have planes big enough to fit a semi trailer and fly that.

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The next PO is an extra day of transit time, whether it’s 600 miles away or right across the street.

6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Yes, but if its processed on the 28th, a daybof transit on the 29th, it should be in my po box on the 30th, or at worst the 2nd.

7. vinsanity0

vinsanity0 Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2016
    You're right. I don't care. If my dispatcher or broker can't schedule a load so I can get there on time legally that is on them not me. I learned a long time ago to not stress over that.

However, in your scenario I would have been on time. I would have gotten up at 5am and done breakfast, etc and taken off at 6.

I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I had to fudge a paper log to make something happen. A few times on electronic as well. Well, when hauling freight anyway. Moving is a whole other animal, but it can still be done on electronic logs.

For me, ELD is stress free. No more worrying about making it look right. Heck, a LEO rarely even looks at them during an inspection.

8. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    I am less concerned with what time Son 1 and Son 2 got home. I just wonder how you guys decide who is Dad 1 and who is Dad 2 when you go to bed together, at the same time? And why it is any of this important for this forum? :confused:

swervyjoe Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.