When will the MADNESS ever stop?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Diantane, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Good one. But I was coming off home time than was 4 hours away from pickup. Show me your logs Mr. Pro driver? When did you last run 4000 miles in a week? I don't play.

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Using “effeminate” and “neanderthals” in the same sentence does an injustice to neanderthals IMHO.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Unfortunately this is the trucking industry where one must allow for stupidity at all times.

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  5. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Never.
    3000 is fine.

6. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    The only way this behavior will stop is when we all walk up to the offending drivers and punch them square in the face, instead of whining about it online.

So yeah, it's not going to stop.

Lepton1 and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  7. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    Or stand up and say no eld if you don't want it when it's not warranted.

8. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Good way to get shot or stabbed..over a parking spot?
    I'll run nights.

9. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    I'm going to paint a very good scenario about the whole ELD thing.

Ok, Lets say you woke up at 6am and started your day at 630 or whatever....You are 30 minutes away from delivery- You deliver THEN you have to pick up 80 miles away- NOW PAY ATTENTION- You get to your pickup and its imperative you load and deliver the next day 448 miles away by 10am.

NOW,You get loaded but its 4pm now- You have like 4 more hours to drive or on duty... NOW You drive 4 hours its 8pm- (You only got 230 miles) you Take your 10 off,Its 6am...Wash your face,Get a Coffee,Do your Pre trip- Its 630am- You have 3 and a half hours to go 220 miles....

You get there by the skin of your teeth,its 10-15 am- THE BROKER IS MAD BECAUSE YOU DIDNT GET THERE EARLIER........And deducts your rate $50 bucks or whatever.

YOU did nothing wrong but follow HOS right?? Wrong- You not only not service the customer- But you STRESSED the Entire time knowing you don't want to upset anyone involved in that move.

That's What paper logs give you,Flexibility by 15 minute increments to actually get the job done ON YOUR TERMS!!!

Here's a fact- If an ELD doesn't upset you because you can't service your customers....YOU SIMPLY DONT CARE.

Caring drivers make sure they deliver on time without failure. And ELD WILL prevent a lot of that.

And Keep in mind- The scenario I posted- The hours were there at the Beginning opf the day- They Diminished because of the Live Loading Time UNFORESEEN........

Which with the ELD- Will contribute to a lot of Angry Professional Drivers Who are NOT a Risk to the motoring public.

scottied67 and Oldironfan Thank this.
  10. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    I have been in this scenario in a past job. But I did not plan very well, and I take hygiene, and refreshments to seriously I guess. Maybe next time I am on elog I will retro fit the driver seat to have a toilet seat with padding and drive naked on my bottom half. So I can shave some time. But wiping may be difficult to do and stay in a straight line. But that's not important.

stayinback Thanks this.
  11. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Its ggonna be really bad when it comes to customer service-

On a bright Note right now- In Flat work- Im writing my own checks-Even on my backhauls.......Rates are Insane- $4-$5 a mile on 600 mile trips

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.