When you stop for a 30 min

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by nite vision, Nov 10, 2017.

1. nite vision

nite vision Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Phenix City AL
    When you stop for just a 30min break , in a busy truck stop , in late afternoon or early evening , where do you park to take a 30 min ? I know don't just pull up on the fule island lol .
    I usually just find a place so I will not block the lane , but stop in front of parked trucks that are obviously parked for the night , i would hate to take a spot that other drivers need , due to low on the 11 or 14 , plus it's just easy not to park , if someone needs to get out , it's no issue to pull forward or back to give them room .
    Or should I say screw them and just take a spot ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    how do you know, the trucks you are parked in front of, are going to stay the night? do you bang on each and every door and ask them?

don't be so lazy, find a proper parking spot.

4. nite vision

nite vision Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Phenix City AL
    It's not really lazy , I don't leave the truck , just do my fule and 30 min dance

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  5. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    If it's not a parking spot you're not parked. :)

To each their own but I park in a parking spot.

bzinger, Blackshack46, Tb0n3 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Often, after dark, you will have to park places you might not otherwise. A lot depends on how your eLog system works and how much movement you can incur and if you can stop the drive time from committing following minor movements. You do what you have to do, but be as mindful as possible of others. Generally you're okay to park in front of a bunch of others for only a half hour [if that's you're only option].

But I know with my system, I can park in front of the fuel pumps, and if someone comes in behind, I can circle around, retake my place in the fuel island and move forward being careful to stop the engine, or change from Off Duty to Sleeper, or Vice Versa, and never trip over to Drive. But I understand this may not be an option for everybody but chances are it is, as long as you know how/when to manipulate the eLog system

7. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Ditto! No offense to the op, but some people act like backing into a stall is just the most arduous task on the planet. Some guys take longer dinking around trying to Park in a non-spot than it would (should) take to just back into a stall. I don’t get it. Cat scale users are the worst for this. they pull off the scale and circle all the way around to park in the fuel island. What the heck just throw it in a hole and be done with it.

8. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    And if you are worried about taking up a stall that someone may need, no worries. If you see the lot filling up just holler on the cb where you are at and you will be leaving soon, if anyone needs a spot.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  9. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Park that sob anywhere, it’s only 30 mins.. a spot preferably but if full make a spot

STexan Thanks this.
  10. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    I take my 30 at customer and put customer breakroom on log

shogun and pattyj Thank this.
  11. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Usually I take it at a customer, if I can't any on ramp, rest area or choke and puke will work

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.