Where are the best CB shops located these days?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by rwdfinch50, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    DISCLAIMER: I know nothing about this shop, and am in NO WAY endorsing them. I was just cruising my local CL ads for any good deals, and happened across this. No idea if these guys even know a coax from a mic cord, but figured someone up that way may decide to check into them....

http://ocala.craigslist.org/eld/4491403982.html

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    According to that Craigslist ad, they are located in Crawfordsville, south of Tallahassee. Not really close to Ocala. Oddly enough, it says they make pick-ups and deliveries to Dothan and Montgomery, so it might very well be in some of the folks interest to check them out.

4. Mudguppy

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Yeah, I found it odd the posted it in the Ocala CL as well....Meh, I may actually be hauling an excavator out that way tomorrow. I might pop in and see what they're about......:biggrin_25525:

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  5. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
  6. Mudguppy

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Unfortunately, I didn't have a similar experience today at "Mesa CB". I got there about noon, and as I walked in I didn't see anyone at first. Then I notice a guy kicked back in a recliner with his feet up. He asks if he can help me, so I said I'd like to get my President Grant (old school three-button model) bench tested and repaired (having a couple of issues with it). He takes one look at it and says "Oh, sorry, we can't touch that. You'll have to wait till the owner gets here around 2:00...."

When I asked why that is, he said they're not allowed to touch any radios over 10 years old! WTF?!?! But if I wait 2 hours, the boss will "probably" be able to help me out. When I ask why that is, he says because once he hooks it up, any problems with it "he's married to it"....I promptly told him that's a load of bullshot and thanked him for wasting a 40 mile round trip and 45 mins of my time......

Soooooo, since I don't have any faith in the abilities of the shop at I-75 exit 358 in Ocala, and this guy at exit 329 obviously doesn't need my business, I'm stuck with a worthless paperweight for now....Man, I miss the "old days".....:biggrin_25510:

7. notmycbhandle

notmycbhandle Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Cowtown
    I've only went to one guy for all my work in the last 10 years. Every truck he's done my wiring and service work. It's Channel Master CB shop out in Wells, NV. He not only follows through on what he says. He'll do it properly the first time and take you step by step through what he's doing. He's been out there for years used to be in the four way truck stop (now petro) but moved out and went mobile you can find him parked just east of the Motel 6. PM me and I'll give you his number.

pusherman Thanks this.
  8. country29

country29 Medium Load Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Arkansas
    rays cb shop, next to the petro in west Memphis ar, 870-394-4046. only guy that has touched my stuff in the last 10-15 years. ray has been in the business 35+ years. you got to catch him early though, m-f 8-5.

9. mpj4x4

mpj4x4 Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2015

10. mpj4x4

mpj4x4 Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2015
    What is his new number for his mobile location. Thank you.

11. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Re Channelmaster in Wells NV: His customers sound crystal clear for a 5 mile radius and fade quickly.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.