Where can I try different seats?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Dino soar, Dec 26, 2021.

1. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    I thought most guys just job jumped until they found one that was comfortable...
    seriously though I had a Seats seat in my Pete car carrier that was the best seat I ever had was like sitting in the recliner at home but didn’t put me to sleep like home. I’m a big dude 6’5” and at the time about 250#s and put 285,000 miles on that seat and was like brand new when I got out of it. My next truck had a brand new seat and was worn after 60,000 miles.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dchawk81

dchawk81 Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'd like to find a better seat for my truck also. I have the same concern about spending a grand or more and finding myself no better off.

4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Iowa 80 in Walcott. The Petro in Joplin has a few. Go down the the road a block or so in Joplin to 4 states and they have a dozen different ones there. Pete and Kenworth dealers usually seem to have a decent collection around. North of OKC 80 miles or soright off 35 is a little place called Wilkins truck supply that has a selection.

Rideandrepair and MOBee Thank this.
  5. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019
    What does one look for in a seat. Me gaining weight is killing the seat.

77fib77 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  6. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    2x on Stoops in Lima Ohio. The silver legacy was on sale at Freightliner for a long time. No more though. They’re around $800 or more now. The pinnacle model is supposed to be a step up. They’re around $1100. The other one to consider is the Atlas seat. They’re priced right about the same as a seats inc Silver. Not sure if they’re as comfortable though. If you get to Girard Ohio at all. The American Chrome shop has the Seats inc. Silver and Pinnacle at a decent price. My local Freightliner say they can’t get them in, due to shortages. Best to call ahead. Order ahead. Once you find the right seat. The pinnacle has more travel, and supposedly doesn’t bottom out. I’d decided on the silver, but the pinnacle might be worth the extra $$$. Like you, I need to sit in one, before deciding. I find it takes about a month to know if it’s a good fit. My back let’s me know.

Goodysnap Thanks this.
  7. dchawk81

dchawk81 Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I wish I lived or drove anywhere near there.

8. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    5E7296C7-3A0D-4527-B5D4-B0CB26C16AFA.png 3ACD8863-6E07-4CC0-A04B-B0779D0DC29E.png Call Elizabeth Truck center. Looks like they have at least 2 on display, except they’re 5’ off the ground. Lol. Be careful, or you’ll be leaving with a bunch of Lights and a 5’ shifter. Lol. Fast talkers in there. Be sure to lock your doors while shopping.

9. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    I put a Seats Pinnacle in my old truck, I really like that seat, well worth $1200. They are made in Wisconsin.

10. PureLeafTea

PureLeafTea Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Good luck finding a seat in stock. If it’s in stock it could be garbage. Most of your premium seats are on extended back order with no ETA. Knoedler being the exemption. I have found those in stock online. I think that’s just because nobody has heard of them. Quality seats though out of Canada.

Also I am not sure what you’re running or what shape your seat is in, but you can usually buy a bottom cushion and replace it. I recently did that and it’s like having a brand new seat. Mine came upholstered and all I had to do was undo 4 bolts and switch it over.

11. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Is it possible to just buy a whole new seat and keep your own air base?

Does buying the air base make a difference?

Mine doesn't leak or anything but I wonder if a new one would be tighter or smoother or absorb the shock better?

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.