Where can I try different seats?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Dino soar, Dec 26, 2021.

1. dchawk81

dchawk81 Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I feel like those cost more than my truck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sbaumann14

sbaumann14 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rhinelander, WI
    Freightliner dealer just north of I 80 on I 69 has like 12-14

Rideandrepair and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Used to be able to buy all the parts. Rollers, anything. Nothing beats the tightness and cushion of a new one. I’m overdue for a new one. Looking forward to one.

Dino soar Thanks this.
  5. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    Last ones I bought were Bostrom wide ride. Worst seat I’ve ever had. Can’t lift the bottom cushion up to do repairs. Throw away piece of crap. They were priced well at the time. $600 each. They’re actually not as wide as others. Armrest to armrest thats one reason I bought them. I mounted them as close to each door as possible. My seat is almost centered with the steering wheel. I never liked the way Freightliners aren’t centered. Also makes for more floor room between seats. Most fleet Trucks came with National seats. They’re pretty cheap. Whatever you buy, don’t get a Bostrom. Bad quality.

6. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    That’s what I think I’ll be getting. I’ve never sat in one. But it should be at least as comfortable as a Seats Legacy Silver. Pinnacle specs show more travel, having the ability to be ran low without bottoming out. Regular bases are to high, Low are too low. I currently have a low base mounted on 1.5” square tube. I think the pinnacle will be a good fit. More versatile. I need a plenty of firm upper and lower lumbar above all, still need to physically sit in one before buying.

7. shooter19802003

shooter19802003 Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Idaho
    I was at my local kw dealer the other day and they had some legacy seats in stock. Most uncomfortable seat. It just wasn't right. Turns out it is the wide model. Well, wtf. I don't need the fat American guy version, I need the normal size. Parts guy said they ordered 18 of them in plain black and they should be in about a month from now or so. Best part is, they are like $250 cheaper than the fat driver version.....so that's a plus! So, when they come in, I'm gonna go take a look at them. I looked at a few takeout seats that were priced right. However, none had the skinny Pete base on them so I passed.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  8. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Test rode a Pinnacle today. Look and feels pretty awesome.

Dino soar and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  9. Dadetrucking305

Dadetrucking305 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Cibolo,Texas
    Legacy Silver and be done with it.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.