Where did you come from

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by Calregon, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Calregon

Calregon Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Oregon
    Since JCT only hires experienced drivers, and most I have seen on here (referring to running with JCT) like JCT, and their lease program. I was wondering where everyone started, and how long you were driving before coming to Drive for JCT? And what company (in your opinion) is best to start with to PREPARE for becoming a O/O? And yes, I know at least a year or two before attempting O/O.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TrukTuff

TrukTuff Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Anaheim, CA.
    I've been licensed since 1998, but stated driving trucks off and on since 1989. I started off driving tow trucks, then tractor-trailers with North American Van Lines. I've also driven in the trade show industry as a Teamster, and driven for an rental equipment company, pulling flatbeds. I've worked local, regional, and finally OTR (now that my kids have moved out on their own). Being a former tow truck driver made my transition to tractor trailers a lot easier...once you get used to backing up small vehicles in tight spaces, a trailer isn't nearly as difficult. I would suggest finding a company that only has a 1 year term committment to start with. Get your full year, including a winter season, then decide if you want to make a switch.

4. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    I came over from Central Refrigerated. Was there just short of a year, which was just short of a year too long...lol. In the past I would have had no reservation in suggesting Central as a starter company, but as they've been recently bought out by Swift, and are in the final stages of their assimilation, I'm not sure I'd recommend them now.

As far as JCT, loving it so far!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.