Where do they sleep?

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by asphaltreptile311, Apr 21, 2019.

1. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    Plenty of freight haulers do that, more than oversize.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Some truck stops are amazing. You can actually call ahead to the marathon in franklin KY for example and they will save you a spot. They will even bring cones and block off your entire area. I always fuel here because of the service. They even created a spot for me so I could shower after I fueled even though the lot was full.

4. Razororange

Razororange Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    That has nothing to do with being on ELD it's because they are lazy garbage. Every ELD out there has some option for moving a truck without tripping driving. Whether it's PC or yard move or just staying under 5mph.

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Yep.

I just say I DON'T GIVE A SH**

D.Tibbitt, LoneRanger and QuietStorm Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you are hauling say a Main Battle Tank you will have your spot.

D.Tibbitt and QuietStorm Thank this.
  7. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    I feel like I should express my overwhelming joy about how this thread turned out. A grip of my kind of people all had something to say.

8. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Forgot to mention this...some times you get hired on to a job site. They pay you a day rate to move multiple loads around on a big job site. Kinda like the oilfield guys stay for months and years on end. You may not see the big oilfield rigs at all unless you’re working there. Same thing goes for rig moves and crane moves and just about any big multi truck moves. The first one that you may be a part of is a crane move. They move the crane and they move the crane mats. They move containers, office trailers...EVERYTHING imaginable is trucked in and out. It’s lots of work and can take long time, but when the money is there, you have to get the money.

It’s a much slower pace. It drives the new guys bonkers. But, if they don’t get themselves kicked off the job, they too will learn patience. I can’t emphasize this enough, however...it’s a lot of work. No, not the driving. The setup. You know how, when you’re going to pick up a load in a flatbed, and secure it, tarp it and roll out? Noooo. Plan on a day, the whole day, to load. You start your day early, yes, but you have to prep your trailer. Everything has to be right with the trailer BEFORE you load it. By this stage of the game, you are the absolute master of trip planning.

9. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    WTF does that even mean?

10. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    Let me translate;

@&%#26&((5&7))%#}{][]{?!!|\/

11. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    You don't heavy haul now.

You never have. Your "65,000 pound seacan" doesn't count.

Why not just leave the responses to the people who know what they're talking about?

I don't heavy haul either. I just like heavy haul stories.

magoo68, Gatordude, Humblepie and 6 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.