Where is everyone #2!!

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Cluck Cluck, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpape

cpape Desk Jockey

Jul 15, 2010
    Dubuque, IA
    We were in Phoenix. I had never played in the desert before and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Don't worry Jumbo, those were not pictures of my wife and I...we used stand ins for the photos.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Phoenix, See how you are. lol We will be there Monday to ld. Tues..
    Hope you had a good holiday

4. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Requesting installed pics of ramps on the mighty Kenworth.

SHC Thanks this.
  5. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    Hanging out at the wonderful Peelot in Ft. Wayne, IN for the weekend. Should have been unloaded today but these morons forgot to call the riggers, so i get to wait till Monday now. I'm only 107 miles from the house, but with the winter storm rolling in, I decided it better to just wait it out here about 3 blocks from my delivery.

On a positive note, got to have dinner with Cluck before he heads up to MN. For once he might actually miss a snow storm!!

6. SHC

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    I can't wait for spring to get here. I need to get my new clubs out and put them to use. Once we move this October, I will be excited to be able to play year round.

7. RenegadeTrucker

RenegadeTrucker Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    Ask and Ye shall receive!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TripleSix, milskired and SHC Thank this.
  8. SHC

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    Very nice... are you going to weld them to the frame or just use the bolts?

9. RenegadeTrucker

RenegadeTrucker Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    You should NEVER weld anything to the frame. I know people do it a lot but it messes up the heat treating.

They are bolted on pretty solid, also welded blocks on them of 1/2" stock that are up against the end of the frame rail, so all of the force will be transferred to the frame via those blocks, not the bolts.

To see how well they work I loaded the trailer with out dumping the air and it jumped right up over them. Worked great.

SHC Thanks this.
  10. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Perfect. Close to and almost the same height as the 5th wheel. I've seen some guys run ramps that didn't angle down far enough (makes it extremely difficult to pick up a trailer with a neck extension), or too far away from the pivot point on the 5th wheel. When they try to pick up a heavy trailer, the rollers will roll up the ramps but drop onto the valley created between the top of the ramp incline and the lowest point of the 5th wheel (the area to the back of the pivot point. Once that happens, they are S-t-u-c-k. Only hope is to get the trailer high enough off the ground to put your blocks underneath the neck, drop your bags and gun it and hope the jaws catch the kingpin. On a flip neck, forget it.

Anyways, good work. Appreciate the pics. I like to see stuff like that. When I am in Baytown at the TA, I will walk the parking lot to look at trucks. Everyone has a different way to set up their truck. I am always looking for ways to maximize the available space I have on the rig. And some drivers have sweet rides.

Rontonio and RenegadeTrucker Thank this.
  11. leftlanetruckin

leftlanetruckin Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    Nosed into a corner spot, bobtail, and nearly got hit a third time by a reefer driving steering wheel holding ######!
    Luckily I was walking Axel and got back to the truck as the idiot was attempting to park in an open spot next to me. Had to shout and wave arms around before he hit the back end of the truck. Do these complete morons not even look into a spot or what?

Martin

SHC and milskired Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.