Where is everyone #2!!

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Cluck Cluck, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftlanetruckin

leftlanetruckin Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    Drop sides we call them Carl. Good for machinery, and not much else...

Martin

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

We used to call them drop sides or depressed, as we joked the drivers pulling them were allways depressed lol
    If you carry blocking you can ld. crates and other things also.
    Just gotta use your brain and creative thinking..

4. old time

old time Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2012
    My last drop deck before I retired had 17.5 tires. I actually liked it a lot, easy to climb up on and could haul a lot of different loads. But Passingthru is correct, you had to drive pretty slow. Those little tires have to run pretty fast to keep up and they get warm. Also don't have quite as much braking. But all in all it was a decent trailer

281ric Thanks this.
  5. kachup

kachup Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2013
    finishing moving a few loads going to the new Dc for Amazon in Ruskin,Fl
    3,000 jobs up for grab. Im glad to see the economy boost in the future in that area.
    So anyone looking to built a career or just get job in that area, well look them up.

6. catalinaflyer

catalinaflyer Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Okay Carl since your still thinking about the WH deal (we all know you are) let me fill you in, not a cat house but close enough.

In my former career driving the motorcycle show truck one of my annual gigs was setting up at the Hooters in Myrtle Beach. Sounds like a dream assignment doesn't it, spending 16 hours a day at Hooters for two+ weeks. When I got told the first time that I was getting Hooters and Rick was taking the mall I thought I had hit the Power Ball.

Now the first couple days were like winning the lottery but, and you knew there was going to be a but (pun intended), I noticed the general manager had some serious ticks, walked around mumbling to himself and always looked like he had been chewed up by the dog. Well one of the perks of working there was we got to use the managers office which took us through the employee locker room. Let me tell you, those cute little college girls out front hustling tips from half drunk bikers are not the same girls in the employee area. Those were the most ruthless, cut throat, back stabbing, sailor mouthed people I have ever met in my life. Spending two weeks with these girls and always having 2 to 4 out working at my display, well I developed ticks and started mumbling to myself more so than normal.

There have been very few jobs that I would say I would never take but GM of a business based on girls, well there's not nearly enough money to convince me to take a job like that.

Needless to say I knew after the first week why everyone at the office laughed at me when I gladly took the assignment. The following years I was trying to do bodily harm to myself to get out of having to do the Myrtle Beach rally.

dannythetrucker Thanks this.
  7. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    Le Roy, IL for the night. I'll make it home tomorrow then go dump my load off in Rice, MN thursday morning. My other trailer is loaded for IA when I get done with that.

8. leftlanetruckin

leftlanetruckin Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    Back at Aurora, with a clean truck!

Martin

9. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Still at the house. Heading down to Key West on Friday. Where is the last place in the world a 75' long tractor trailer should be? KW, that's where. Pays good though.

10. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    Wilmington, Ohio at this itty bitty Pilot. What a dump.

11. Cluck Cluck

Cluck Cluck LTL Wizard

May 6, 2010
    Dunkirk, Indiana
    The 5 spot pilot? It's the only one smaller then the one in Minooka. Side note that flying j in pasco, wa was a hole also

peterbilt_2005 and Rugerfan Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.