Where is everyone #2!!

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Cluck Cluck, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Well kinda been busy the last few days. Got to meet Oscar at the Deere plant Thurs. morning.
    Moving things around on my trl. deck and I put my tarp up on the trl. wheel.
    Then I was told to pull up and go back inside seeing how I put down the wrong ld. info. Ok.
    spaced off about my tarp and I'm pulling forward and I feel a slight bump on the trl. Yep sports fans I ran over my own tarp..
    I bet a certain some one was chucking in his Green KW.. Lol

We beat feet for S. Holland and off ld. just past lunch time. Hding to Morris to hang out and we get a call for another dump trk. for Odessa,Tx.
    So Davenport for the night. Buddy of mine was home and we went over to see him and his wife. Plus the Grandkids and assorted other friends who stop in. Never a dull moment at their place.. It's all good.
    Ld. Fri. and kinda take the day off for laundry and restocking, plus some minor trk. up keeping.
    Took my wife for crab legs that evening.
    We leave out this morning and zig zag around the top part of Ks.
    Stop here at Beto and my low air warning goes off.
    Well guess who's air compressor just bit the dust...:biggrin_25510:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    Well that plain sucks.

I strapped my load down today. North Dakota bound tomorrow evening.

My truck left my place on the hook Thursday night. It would crank but not fire. They found a bad wire between the ecm and ignition power. Sucked but it could have been a whole lot worse.

4. haulhand

haulhand Road Train Member

Got into my drop off in Houston right at shift change so that sucked ###. Spent an hour unloading and then ran out to Mont Belviue for the night been eating Mexican food and drinking margaritas for the better part of three hours so I do believe I'll stagger back to my truck and pass out.

One tip tho when hauling overheight don't doze off and miss your exit for a detour. Looked up at a 15 3 bridge and went oh #### I'm 15 3. Only thing that saved md is that I add two inches to my height and drill into my mind that I'm that two inches taller bad part is because it's a detour I'm not used to Id been telling my self all morning about it.

5. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

That could of been ugly. Get a good rest and no day dreaming driving

6. haulhand

Yea I don't kno what the hell is going on I'm usually better than this. Makes two ###### up trips in a row.

7. leftlanetruckin

leftlanetruckin Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    Boise with the same drill I delivered Monday.
    Be in Seattle first thing Monday, then hope to go to Tacoma to see one of our old farts who had a heart attack and is in hospital there. Company driver, but a super great guy, with no family. So will see if they will let me in...

Martin

8. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Perfect storm of mis-communication and now I have a driver with a full load of Milk driving to Granite City, IL instead of going home empty.

9. haulhand

Martin I had one of your co guys pass me today in Dallas. We bullshitted off a shield big I didn't catch his name. Super nice guy driving a t660.

10. leftlanetruckin

leftlanetruckin Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    They are all in 660's now, so not a lot of help identifying him!
    Some are indeed decent guys, but we have our fair share of 'tards too unfortunately...

Martin

11. dannythetrucker

dannythetrucker Road Train Member

May 26, 2011
    everywhere, man
    It would have been cheaper to call me, just sayin. I suspected ECM power as soon as I saw the pic of the tow truck. Of course when it happened to me I was totally befuddled. Luckily, the guy who owned the truck is a top notch CAT tech and showed me how to check voltage and ohms on different ECM wires

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.