Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    RIP Vincent Margera. That show was my teenage years. Dico and Vito were the 2 best characters on the show.

It wasn't until just recently that I realized Dico's band Gnarkill was simply just Dico impersonating Rake with background music lol.

3. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Wrapped up an early Christmas present for @Steve from hutch E5FED468-0247-40E7-8172-1D722D3B9186.jpeg
    But not going to make it far till I get this fixed. Earliest seems to be an 11am appointment for getting in a bay? E500CF27-EF99-4DAA-8D06-1C1557AD3E82.jpeg

4. Lysdexis

Lysdexis Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2018
    Arkansas
    It appears they are going to railroad that kid for the deaths of those 39 people in that container

5. krupa530

krupa530 Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2014
    Orem, UT
    Mmmm, he just picked that trailer up 5 miles down the road from the ferry terminal. I'm sure he will get railroaded though if they can get anything on him, definitely something dodgy though as the truck is registered in Bulgaria and he's a Paddy.
    Tis a bit odd though ace. He's just picked the trailer up from Purfleet docks and driven it a few miles to the industrial estate. From the way the truck is parked on the road , it looks like he's just stopped to open the doors and let them all out. Once he opened it though and seen what had happened. God know's what he thought. They're not saying whether he called the coppers or someone else. The press back there are saying he lives in a half a million dollar house with his girlfriend, not that that has anything to do with it. Sad day for all involved. Sad day for the truck too, cause that'll be scrapped. Nice Scania.

6. Lysdexis

Oct 25, 2018
    Arkansas
    Speculation is all this is.

He could have been involved with it but I feel like if he was hed have taken the trailer somewhere and dumped it instead of calling the ambulance service which called the police.

The container arrived around 12:30a local time and he grabbed the container at around 1:04a. The police were notified at 1:40a.

The truck was registered in Bulgaria but hadn't been back there since 2017 which I had read some one say that it's not uncommon to do that because of duty fees or whatever, but the bloke and truck were from Ireland, the container is believed to have come from Belgium. It's still unclear how they were discovered, it doesnt say if he opened the truck or what. Doesnt say if it was sealed or not. It could make sense that he picked up what was believed to be an empty container and stopped there to open the doors to pull into the yard to load it. It's not been made public if that were the case. One thing is for certain. Those poor souls were dead before he picked the container up.

Theres 40 minutes unaccounted for which raises questions on it's own. Did he open the doors to let the people out only to find them all dead and then sat for 40 minutes deciding what to do with it and ultimately concluded that calling the ambulance service was the correct call? Seems like someone that was in the know wouldnt have made that choice and would have hauled the container off to somewhere and dropped it in the hopes itd never be found.

Too much has been unanswered yet to know for sure if he played a role in all this. I just get the feeling that if he knew what was back there then hed have ditched it and ran instead of calling. Or he would have checked the container before picking it up. Until we have his side of the story and they figure out exactly where it came from we wont know

7. krupa530

Dec 3, 2014
    Orem, UT
    Yeah , I completely agree, I thought he would have just ditched the trailer and ran. But if he is part of it maybe he was ordered to report it and take one for the boys! They're saying that trailer was rented for 1 week only, and in that time it's been shipped over to Belgium and back again. Having a truck registered in a different country is not uncommon as you said.
    All here say at the mo, unfortunately no consolation to the victims and their family's. Unfortunately not the first time this has happened and I'm sure not the last.

8. Steve from hutch

Steve from hutch Medium Load Member

That is going to be tough to get down the chimney.

Look forward to meeting you Tug,

Steve

9. Lysdexis

Oct 25, 2018
    Arkansas

I believe they found a truck today with 7 people alive in it as well.

10. krupa530

Dec 3, 2014
    Orem, UT
    Yeah they did. It's a regular occurrence over there. Usually just one or two at a time. Not usually high numbers like that. I stopped doing European work in the early 2000's and it was bad then, but I know it's a lot worse now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.