Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Solid contact! Is she batting 4th in the lineup? That was a surprising hit!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I by no means try to act entitled. I pull my weight and do a good job, but I also recognize that I have bills to pay and a family to care for. Drivers here are in a fairly good position, we make less than fuel haulers but do 4x as much work. So we also recognize that they need to keep people around.

4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    @Oxbow #### good of you to help the guy out.

I used to job hop around in my early years. There are a few things I don't put up with.

Pay: First job the company was going under. A truck in the shop needed a set of fan belts. Branch admin gave me $80 cash from her purse to buy them because all the accounts we had in town were frozen. See ya later!

Broken promises: Tell me the truth. I'm a big boy, I can handle it. Don't blow smoke up my rear. If you want to keep me, just be honest.

Threats: Had a boss tell me I had to give up a week on, week off rotation to work Mon-Fri. Normally not a big deal. Its business and you gotta work around current market conditions. But when he told me he can only "suggest I do it or bad things will happen" I felt a little threatened. Asked what these bad things were. He alluded to me being let go. Said I'd think about it over the weekend. Walked into the competition's shop and got hired on the spot. Came back for my tools. Told him I made up my mind, shook his hand and said have a nice day.

5. tramm01

tramm01 Road Train Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Idaho
  6. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    I knew you would understand that one

7. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    It was her first year so they put her batting 8th. I bought some foam baseballs for her to hit because I knew she could hit a softball if she could hit those. She became one of the best hitters on her team.

On that force out play she made as catcher, the other team coach was so impressed that he gave her a high five and our coaches came out of the dugout and ran to home plate because they were so surprised and happy. She loves catching so I showed her lots of videos on what she has to do. It paid off on that play, we’ll work on gunning down the base runners stealing when she gets old enough.

8. Hurricane69

Hurricane69 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Iowa
    1573438707901-2098477562.jpg

Laying behind the bar snoring....

The ice maker will also make her pop up. I never get ice that she doesn't get a cube.

Put some in her water bucket and she'll use her paw to move them around so she can fish them out.

9. tony97905

tony97905 Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Land of Ahhhhhs
    Atta' girl, nice hit!

10. IMG_20191110_111924.jpg

Was current situation but post didn't fly.

A bit late

Update:. Took wife's hotrod to get oil change and carwash. Oil changers tried to sell me an automatic transmission flush.
    I told sparky it's manual 6spd transmission.

They looked in car 6 times.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    Reason for edit: missed info
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.