Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    Some of us are, some of us aren’t, some of us have, some of us haven’t

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    I hurt my shoulders doing the stupid workouts that everyone else did...you know, every other day, 3 times a week. The thing is, 1 day isn’t enough time for the muscles to RECOVER (break themselves down, and make stronger connections) unless you’re on some sort of steroid. It takes 3-4 days to recover.

To make it simpler, I’d do shoulders once a week.

Mon- shoulders and triceps
    Tue- legs
    We’d- back and biceps
    Thur- chest
    Fri- legs (calves) and deadlift

Once a week, everything was fully recovered. I would be as strong as I could possibly be. And my mind is in the zone before I even get to the gym.

Westbound23, wore out, cke and 13 others Thank this.
  4. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    And then there’s moose.....

We’re just glad he’s here.....
    When he’s here

5. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

It sucks, and the have been talking about it. But them miserable pricks that worked there I hope they become drivers for swift.

Westbound23, cke, wore out and 8 others Thank this.
  6. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    Well said.

7. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    We got all kinds in here. Everyone is welcome to participate. Even see the occasional van driver in here?

8. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
  9. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    there are some really old school hands in here with a #### ton of miles under their belt..

hi

Bob tagged me in it’s all his fault I’m here...
    @BigBob410

10. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    And people call liberals "snowflakes".

Don Cherry is a bigoted, hateful guy. If he weren't, he wouldn't have singled out immigrants for his rant, he would have expressed disdain for everyone who doesn't respect veterans. He lost his job because the network didn't like what he said.

He's entitled to step out onto the street and say whatever he wants, but when LIVE on television, representing a major broadcasting network, he has to be able to exercise a little bit more control over what he says if he doesn't want to avoid the consequences.

As a Canadian, I want everyone to feel welcome in my country, no matter where they are from or what they believe, so long as they contribute to society, pay their taxes and act in a decently respectful manner towards others. The poppy wearing is not a law in Canada, and is not a requirement to acknowledge the sacrifice of veterans.

Watching the Ottawa ceremony today, I saw Canadians from all backgrounds showing their support for veterans, some there even not wearing the poppy, and that's their choice! It's what veterans gave of themselves for, the freedom to choose.

Also, if you'd like to have a friendly discussion regarding the pagan history and origins of the Christmas holiday, I'd be glad to oblige.

Buy a plastic flower to "show respect" with no mention of actually acknowledging veteran's sacrifices and remembering what that means? I've interacted with plenty of veterans that don't care if people wear a poppy or not, they care that we take the time to remember what they gave up to give us our freedoms.

What Cherry said was inherently bigoted and racist. There are plenty of white Canadians that don't respect veterans or Remembrance Day (I worked as a mall cop for three years and it was one of the biggest shopping days of the year because people get time off work and all the Christmas stuff is out), he could have easily said what he did to everyone without singling out immigrants.

Don Cherry should have taken the time to get to know his network partners, because these immigrants took the time to show respect for veterans:

EI_c8AwVAAE63Hc.jpg

I'll leave it at that. I won't go any further into a political discussion here and ruin the thread. We are all entitled to our opinions and free to disagree with anyone.

Qbf594, beastr123 and dwells40 Thank this.
  11. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    The right to the freedom of expression does not cover bigoted/hate speech, nor does it protect a Canadian from the consequences for saying something while representing a privately-owned, national broadcasting network.

Qbf594 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.