Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. sawmill

sawmill Road Train Member

May 29, 2015
    Evanston, WY
    I will forever look at banjos in a new way. That was a great story. You keep up with stories like that, will you? We need a hillbilly Paul Harvey here.

When my wife goes with me she talks to them so they know it will be okay. She's got a theory that the proper music being played for them while loading helps calm them. I can't say she's wrong. I found some kids on Facebook that work on a dairy in NY and bought a shirt for her from their merchandise line...is says "cow whisperer" on it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Isafarmboy

Isafarmboy Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2018
    Alberta
    I'll have to check it out.
    I love reading ...anything i get my hands on.

4. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    My dad did that for his brother. That was one of the only things he asked for, so dad slipped some cold ones in the hospital. He said the nurse walked in, shook her head and turned right around and left, only thing she said was make sure you take the bottles with you.

5. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    Oh I have more stories lol, mostly from my dads childhood in a log home, but some from mine as well lol....

I get a moment I’ll tell y’all the one about Poppy and the Barber....

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Think I may have misread the torque procedure on my mains. Did 190 lb-ft on the tab end first and then the 120 degrees starting on the tab end as well. Re-reading the procedure I should have did the 120 degrees on the end opposite of the tab first. Should I go back out and redo it?

Al. Roper, jamespmack, cke and 11 others Thank this.
  7. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    Speaking of which, I noticed the fella with his fingernails painted.

There is a guy that works at the new little truck stop/convenience store in Alpine, WY. He is probably in his 50s, partially bald on top with a ponytail, and fingernails painted in a variety of colors.

This guy was working as a cashier. He was sharp, pleasant, conversant, and competent at his job. He was clean and wore the uniform of the store.

I really don't care what a person does and have learned the hard way NOT to judge a book by the cover, but I am curious; is there a meaning or status related to the painted fingernails that I am ignorant of?

8. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    And tomcats!

9. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    He fills in for her when she has a headache perhaps?

10. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    Ha, well, there's that I guess.

11. exhausted379

exhausted379 Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2013
    My wife has been wanting to go with me for the longest. I've been putting her off, but told her maybe this summer for 2 weeks. She seems to think I'm on vacation. I've tried to explain to her it's a cross between camping out and living like the homeless, but she won't let it go. So, we'll see how this works out. Maybe a week out and then in.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.