Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Convenient.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jamespmack

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Thank you, just a old work truck. Not much show to her.

4. Hurricane69

Hurricane69 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Iowa
    Least your paint ain't fallen off. Mama gets after me six ways to Sunday if I wax mine....what's the use. Looks like it works for a livin'....bring your audi out and I'll wash it too.

5. Hurricane69

Hurricane69 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Iowa
    Kids are flying back tonight.... These extra varmits need to go home. The healer in the shop we made a pen for cause she can't control her bowls but my shop still smells like a cattle barn.

This hound inside busted out of her kennel last night and popped up on the bed.....scared the heck outa mama. Then sat and howled for a half hour when she locked her back up.

We need our house back. Sis aint real happy about the situation..... Cuts into her play time.

6. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    Is the restaurant still open? I heard they may be shutting down.....

7. jamespmack

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
  8. jamespmack

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    @OLDSKOOLERnWV

New people bought it out. They were a month or two ago painting the inside. I been known to camp out in the back. But all as normal. Great bacon.

9. SAR

SAR Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2011
    ND
    Yeah it got late up here for a lot of farmers as the corn didn't get fully mature because of the cool growing season. We are normally done with corn by the end of Nov.

When the corn gets behind and the frost comes, it kills the plant and locks in a high moisture. When the corn is at a high moisture we can't combine it and is too expensive to dry.

Corn is dry at 14.5%. We will take corn up to 22% and put it in a bin. Anything higher you need to use a drier, which we don't have at the moment.

The rate of growth for corn is temperature dependent. The way we relate temperature to corn growth and development is through Growing Degree Unit’s (GDU’s). Every hybrid is different. There is a normal full-season maturity hybrid and a shorter-maturity hybrid. A shorter day hybrid will dry down faster but you sacrifice yield with it.

Most farmers are waiting till spring to combine, but there are risks such as loss to wildlife and bad weather. It's time consuming and should be planting next years crop.

The longer you let corn sit in the field it will naturally dry down a couple moisture points a month. This all depends on good weather of course.

We were able to harvest some because it got to a moisture where we could manage it in a grain bin. A couple months ago the moisture was just too high.

Sorry for the long post.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.