Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. singlescrewshaker

singlescrewshaker Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL
    I know you're messing with me, but maybe every January me & the woman should do just that. Ride west, see some sights, play in the snow. Then get back to it with the nonsense out of my system.. :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    Im just happy I don’t have to play that game anymore, personally. Especiallyc onsidering all it really got me was these shippers where you’re 1 of 100 trucks that day and no one cares to hurry you along and get you down the road.

Full deck and I’m pushing 65k gross weight? I’ll take that all day every day.

As far as west coast freight goes — from a company driver perspective. Avoid emptying out in Arizona, ND, MT, Idaho, Utah. If you go west, don’t wimp out, go all the way to the 5 corridor or Vegas. Much better luck staying busy and getting a back haul. Will it pay? Unsure, I don’t see those numbers.

It helps to have contacts out this way, obviously. A lot of the open deck flats I see in Arizona bounce back East. Same with the SLC area, much of ND...

@singlescrewshaker i work for a company that has contact freight alllllll across the west coast. I groan every time I’m emptying out in Arizona. It sucks even for me. It’s gonna be heavy and cheap. Look at what’s moving outta Vegas. If that doesn’t work for you take @PoleCrusher advice and go El Paso or OKC.

PoleCrusher, jamespmack, cke and 5 others Thank this.
  4. flipz34

flipz34 Light Load Member

May 19, 2014
    Abilene TX
    Someone mentioned South Carolina a while back...I grew up there. This does not surprise me

Anvato Universal Player

jamespmack, cke and singlescrewshaker Thank this.
  5. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    Wiring?
    I have had wire break inside the insulation.

6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    I like out west. Just not in a truck.

PoleCrusher, jamespmack, cke and 4 others Thank this.
  7. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    just more parking for me, then! :)

PoleCrusher, Slowpoke KW, SAR and 4 others Thank this.
  8. singlescrewshaker

singlescrewshaker Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL
    I'll check Vegas & have my girl check EL Trasho. Right now I'm 310 to Trasho & 425 to Vegas, so we'll have to see what looks best. I keep talking about the load going to Brownsville, but maybe it was an anomaly, it said 48' 10k lbs.. I usually don't have much of a struggle moving at a good rate with my 28k payload capacity. I realize I'm limited compared to most trucks, but also find lots of the heavy ~48k lb loads don't pay jack anyway..

I'm going to check right now & see if the CA 3day pass is still available. Might open something up that she hasn't been considering. I know even with the pass though, CA is gonna try to put the screws to ol' Buck so may be cheaper in the long run to just stay out..
    Tomorrow is a new day, & from my experience Mon, & Fri are the worst for loadboard freight. Not saying a miracle will happen, but if it don't I'll probably take Crushers advise & head east. No point deadheading further west unless something nice pops up..

LoL, I couldn't help myself. Here Lizard Lizard Lizard...... :eek:
    Ok, they're off now, I swear!!

20200127_231735.jpg

9. cke

cke Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Colfax Wi
    0F606948-B241-4794-9C5F-093AB343F4C6.jpeg Mornin fellas. I’m thinkin it’s gonna be a good day!

10. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
  11. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

It has been sometime. But I have been down the three sensor pete with a Detroit. Issue is no one at pete know sheet. Some dont know they ever put detroits on them.

I would start with tracking down Sensors correct Ohms range and Gauge ohms range. Then get a reading with multi meter. You more than likely have the wrong sensor.

I'll keep thinking on this one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.